Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > The Campfire

Notices

Old Nov 08, 2006, 07:41 PM // 19:41   #1
Flopjack
Academy Page

Profession: N/E
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Zealous Benediction: Down with Healing Prayers!

Monk of all shapes and sizes, I'm sure have seen this skill already. Can someone tell me why it is under Protection Prayers? Aside from the fact that is a pure HEALING SPELL, doesn't make people want to lead AWAY from healing prayers? They said they wanted to boost healing prayers in Nightfall, which they did. But why would they add, essientially, a Word of Healing under Protection Prayers. I could understand this being under Divine Favor or Healing, but PROTECTION? You can even use this spell on yourself making it quite possibly better than WoH.

Personally, I use a mix of Healing & Prot when I monk. Does this seem as if it should be under a different attribute? If they wanted to boost healing prayers, why give protection, the most used Monk Attribute in PvP, the only reason we choose healing with or without protection: the better healing!
Flopjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 07:53 PM // 19:53   #2
Praetor
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Devil Me [DEvM]
Profession: E/D

Yeah, ZB basically turns a monk into a 1-man hospital. ZB & Prot Spirit on the bar = hax.
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 07:55 PM // 19:55   #3
Oh a GW forum
Banned

Profession: W/

Seems obvious to me... they wanted to give protection monks a decent way to heal in a tight spot. They nerfed boon sig, so I think it was a good idea to file it under protection.

I don't think people will be using it much when two monks are around though.. WoH's bonus is great, but if you miss it oh well, no biggie. If you miss the 50% mark, you just threw away 10 energy... it'll quickly kill your energy if you have to fight for targets with another monk.
Oh a GW forum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 08:53 PM // 20:53   #4
Lambentviper
Banned

Guild: Noobs Just Took Halls [WTF]
Profession: Mo/E

i think ANet did this for the same reason they put Tigers Fury into the Beast Mastery line.

Haveing to invest an extra 10 points in Beast Mastery means a larger spread of attributes. If they had it in wilderness survival like serpent's quickness, you could still run an effective 12-12-13 atttribute spread without even touching beast mastery, and getting the increased attack speed.

So basically, it would be to powerful of a skill in any other attribute line, and at the same time it gives protection monks a way to solidly heal, without putting points into healing just to use gift of health.
Lambentviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 09:25 PM // 21:25   #5
Former Ruling
Grotto Attendant

Profession: R/

Zealous Benediction is in Prot to give Prot a decent choice for a Heal.

Not going to make it into Obs Mode GvG or anything though. Its just too dependent on that less than 50% conditional.
Former Ruling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 08, 2006, 11:52 PM // 23:52   #6
Chris616263
Frost Gate Guardian

Profession: Me/

Where do you cap this? I ask only because GuildWiki has magically turned into crap.
Chris616263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 05:31 AM // 05:31   #7
Flopjack
Academy Page

Profession: N/E

But why would they boost protections weakness? Do you see them giving Blood Magic minions? No, because Death Magic is the only attribute for minions. It would be as if they gave Healing Prayers a spell similar to Protective spirit, it just doesn't make any sense.

I can see it being ok if it had a longer recharge, or some sort of disadvantage, but this spell can even target yourself, Woh cannot. It just seems to similar or better then WoH to be a Protection elite. Doesn't make sense to me!
Flopjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 01:43 AM // 01:43   #8
Praetor
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Devil Me [DEvM]
Profession: E/D

Either WoH needs to be able to target yourself, or ZB should return only 5 energy when under 50%. There's nothing close to the energy:heal ratio of ZB for other spells.
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 05:17 AM // 05:17   #9
gasmaskman
Krytan Explorer

Guild: None, I don't play anymore.
Profession: Mo/W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor
Either WoH needs to be able to target yourself, or ZB should return only 5 energy when under 50%. There's nothing close to the energy:heal ratio of ZB for other spells.
Ever heard of heal other?

And the 50% or less health is too conditional for me. I'd also rather take a different elite as a prot monk - either BLight/RC/etc.
gasmaskman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 06:33 AM // 06:33   #10
dansamy
Chasing Dragons

Guild: LFGuild
Profession: Mo/Me

I soooo <3 ZB. Maya's new favorite skill.....
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 07:39 AM // 07:39   #11
0mar
Frost Gate Guardian

ZB is good for PvE and maybe RA/TA, but in GvGs, that under 50% conditional is going to kill your team if you rely on it. If you aren't relying on it, why waste your elite slot on Heal Other basically.
0mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:03 AM // 11:03   #12
Kabale
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: Portrayors of Valour [pV]

ZB is fine if you intend on running a 4-4 split build, or in a split where you are the only monk. The Protection line lets you control people's health so it's very easy to get the free heal from ZB in. It is less effective in 2 Monk backlines and when you have HP spam etc.
Kabale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:18 PM // 12:18   #13
Dodo The Extinct
Wilds Pathfinder

Profession: Me/Rt

I ran this instead of RC today in HA with my guild, and I LOVED IT!

There were so many times when ZB totally saved the ghostly. My guild was running a dual Paragon build, so I had no energy problems whatsoever.

7 Flawless ftw

Last edited by Dodo The Extinct; Nov 13, 2006 at 12:21 PM // 12:21..
Dodo The Extinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:34 PM // 12:34   #14
Mel X
Ascalonian Squire

Profession: Mo/Me

i like to use it with infuse helth.
Mel X is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!