We are back.
And now it’s your turn.
Do you have talent?
Can you be a star?
Then prove it.
Couples around Tyria will test themselves with a Screenshot Assignment each week.
But in this contest you will not be posing alone…you will be posing as a couple.
Whether it is a Guildie or a Best-Friend, every assignment must be coordinated.
Though every assignment will be different, they will the most challenging any
Screenshot Contest has ever witnessed, but with it comes great reward.
With over 300k in prizes….Are you ready to become Tyria’s Most Famous?
I will be your host Big Balls Of Fire.
I am an achieved Elementalist who specializes in master of the elements but I have especially mastered the arts in Fire and of course charming the ladies ::wink wink:: I made it to 4th place in Tyria's Most Wanted Cycle 2 and since then retired from modelling and devoted myself to this.
My Co-Host Cry Stol Dia
is a beautiful Necromancer who specialized in all things dead. Her beauty has captured millions as she pranced her way to the #1 spot in Pre-Searings Next Top Model. She is now hosting this Screenshot Contest with me and helping pass down her screenshot knowledge to those who have just entered the Screenshot World.
In this Thread you will be creating a Template of your couple, through words and pictures. If you want to be in the final six, you must stand out and try your hardest here.
By now you must know that in this Screenshot Contest you enter with two people
, since it is a couples contest. Contestants may enter with a Male + Male, Female + Female, or a Male + Female
couple. Your choice of what gender you enter with will
affect you in some assignments.
Now here is the layout of the entire contest:
will be picked to compete in the actual contest which might span out for 10+
weeks so you must have the time. Do not enter
if you do not have the time. Every week you will have one screenshot assignment. Every assignment is different and may have different requirements such as: Each person in the couple must pose in the same picture / Each person in the couple must pose separately in different pictures.
Please watch out for this. During that week the judges will judge the pictures and rank them from 1 to 6, 6 being the best picture in the bunch.
There will be 10 or more assignments. For the first couple assignments we will have a progressive point system. Each assignment, instead of getting eliminated, you will get a score and each assignment after that, your score will get added up. Just because no one is getting elimination doesn't mean you don't try. Those rounds are the foundation of this contest. If you don't do good then, it will show and you will be eliminated first. The start of the eliminations will be random. There will be no warning. Your scores will transfer from the first couple rounds but do not mean your inevitably eliminated if you have the lowest score. So be careful and always try your hardest!
The Rules - (many of these will be repeated over and over again. I stress them a lot!)
- YOU MUST ENTER WITH ANOTHER PERSON!
- enter with anyone; partners can be male+female, male+male, or female+female. this contest does not have to do with relationships
- there will be 12 contestants that are 6 groups of 2
- this contest will last up to 4 months. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE TIME!!! You will have an assignment each week, and you have to communicate with your partner!
- Every week you will have critiques. Know they can be harsh, but they are all made to help you !
- Past contestants to any Guru Screenshot Contest may enter, but under a different character. Any contestants to any non-guru Screenshot Contests may enter under any character.
- My timezone is EST so all deadlines will be on MY time not yours.
- This contest is just for fun! So have fun! The prize is a by product of this contest.
- Read everything very very VERY carefully! Not every contest is alike. Rules might be different. (they are)
- no outside editing programs are allowed!
- you have to have a partner in this contest. This is not a solo contest!
- When the applications start you will send a cropped and uncropped picture!
- No cutscene screenshots and nothing modded
- Every character other than your partner in your pictures must be name.
- No head gear, unless there is an exception.
- Read the deadlines...please! anything past the deadlines will be disqualified
- Every assignment is very different so please read each assignment carefully and make sure you understand them.
- Read the Contest Forum rules. if you are banned from Guru or GW you are disqualified from this contest.
- Most Importantly: If you ever have any questions, ask me or my co-host. You can PM me or her. Our email is at the bottom of the page!
For further information about this contest from the Announcement Thread, Click Here!
Without further ado. Here is our
Applications: (please read each question and assignment carefully)
You must send this application through one email. There will be two portions to this application: a Writing Portion
and a Visual Portion.
The Writing Portion
will be split up into two portions: the Solo Portion
and the Couples Portion
. I suggest once on of you is done your Solo Portion you send it to the other person to make one giant application. If anything is missing, points will
Remember to send your application to [email protected]
when your application is finished.
The deadline will be Sunday 11:59 EST September 14th
. No later or the application is disqualified.
Writing Portion Part 1: Solo
Answer these questions by yourself.
Writing Portion Part 2: Couple
These questions should be answered together.
- What is your characters name?
- Are they Male of Female?
- What is their profession?
- What country were they born from? (Tyria, Cantha, or Elona)
- What Guild Wars games do you own?
- How would you like to be contacted? (Email or PM)
- Have you ever been in another Screenshot Contest? If so please name what your character was in that contest.
- Have you ever applied to a Screenshot Contest?
- What do you do by yourself in Guild Wars?
- How do you know your partner?
- In one word or phrase describe your partner.
- If your partner was any NPC in Guild Wars who would they be? (Explain if you want)
- On a scale from 1-10 (10 being best) rate your screenshot experience and your partners.
- How are you unique? How is your couple unique?
- Describe a moment in Guild wars when you felt like you have just accomplished something.
- Who is your favorite Guild Wars NPC and why?
- Write me a short story about carrots. (4 sentences)
- Why should your couple be contestants in this contest?
Visual Portion Assignment 1: Beauty Shot
- Do you two know eachother outside of Guild Wars? If so how?
- How much time do you guys play Guild Wars together?
- Who in the couple is the stronger screenshotter?
- Does your couple have enough time to devote to this contest?
- If you are picked as contestants, how will you two communicate?
- Why should we pick your couple to be contestants in this contest?
In this assignment your couple must be together. You must be as close to your partner as you can without overlapping. Both of your entire
bodies must be showing, from head to toe. You must both
choose one of the following emotes to do together: /attention, /salute, /bowhead, /roar, no emote.
If you want you can send up to two of these in. These are not going to be judged.
Visual Portion Assignment 2: Hobbies
You both must be in the same picture. You both need to have equal focus in the camera. Tell us a hobby you two do with each other. Then reenact that hobby in a picture. It may be serious or funny.
Visual Portion Assignment 3: Guild Hall
You both must be in the same picture. Tell us what one of your favorite Guild Hall is or together your favorite Guild Hall. If you want to, explain why. Then take a screenshot of you two together there. It is a glamor shot.
Please read everything carefully. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask either I or Lokii. Please remember to send the entire application to [email protected]
, when it is entirely finished. We will not look at it if it is not completely finished. Remember you need the:
- Solo Written Portion from each person in the couple
- Couples Written Portion
- All Three Visual Assignments
Don't spam this thread. Remember all rules of Guru, Guild Wars, and this contest.