Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 02, 2006, 05:20 PM // 17:20   #101
Furnace Stoker

boxterduke's Avatar

Location: Walking the ruins of Ascalon
Guild: DVDF
Profession: Me/

Disable Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus_Zero
When you get into that "Gates of whatever the name is" place, there is 2 quests you can pick up. They aren't hard to find and you can't miss them. There is red text before the quests description that says it's a master level quest. I've never seen that before so these are special (elite?). I didn't try them yet, but I did go into the area where the quests take you and there is a ton of high level enemies. Some of the same enemies you fight when fighting Varesh.
There are quests in the starter island that are marked with the red master level writing.
So these are not the elite mission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoitaan
Sorry guys, I haven't even come near finishing the game yet, just did Moddok Crevice today actually. So yeah, I'm a fair ways from finishing, but tell me... do you meet the queen wurm during the storyline? Cause when I read about her in the manual, I immediately though "smells like an elite mission"...
Wurm is part of the soty line, you do a mission to tame the wurm and then you ride them along even in explorable areas.
boxterduke is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 02:50 AM // 02:50   #102
Desert Nomad

Shanaeri Rynale's Avatar

Guild: DVDF(Forums)
Profession: Me/N

Quick Update..

Got Protector of Elona a few mins ago. Had A quick scout in the outposts(including the kormir statue) but could'nt see anything obvious. Maybe a portal, leading to an outpost we've not found yet..
Shanaeri Rynale is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:46 AM // 03:46   #103
Desert Nomad

Divinus Stella's Avatar

Location: Wales
Guild: Steel Phoenix

Well if its not protector and its not lvl9 sunspear then its most likely not opened yet, we'l know in the morning if its to do with lvl6 lighbringer.
Divinus Stella is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:50 AM // 03:50   #104
Jungle Guide

Guild: Heros of Titans Realm [HotR]
Profession: W/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanaeri Rynale
Quick Update..

Got Protector of Elona a few mins ago. Had A quick scout in the outposts(including the kormir statue) but could'nt see anything obvious. Maybe a portal, leading to an outpost we've not found yet..
Did they fix Moddok Crevice then?
AlienFromBeyond is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:53 AM // 03:53   #105
Krytan Explorer

LoKi Foxfire's Avatar

Location: Florida
Guild: One Corgi Army {OCA}
Profession: R/Rt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanaeri Rynale
Quick Update..

Got Protector of Elona a few mins ago. Had A quick scout in the outposts(including the kormir statue) but could'nt see anything obvious. Maybe a portal, leading to an outpost we've not found yet..
Hey, this is off-topic but how did you get Moddok Crevice? I'm just wondering because everyone tells me its bugged... it's my last mission for PoE also.

I honestly don't think it's something to do with titles but a master's quest we've all missed.
LoKi Foxfire is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:02 AM // 04:02   #106
Desert Nomad

Shanaeri Rynale's Avatar

Guild: DVDF(Forums)
Profession: Me/N

Theres bothing Special needed tactics wise, just run back the way you came, as soon as you see the Don't go that way hints.

A warrior with Sprint+Hamstring, Ele with Mind Freeze and a Mes with Burden makes sure those runners go nowhere

1. Is Dont go up the no footprints path
2. Is hide in the waterfall until the patrol passes
3. Is sneak past.
4. Is Stop the Runners

In the Realm Of torment there are Masters quests, I beleive that people have completed all of them and found nothing. I'm finding it hard to think that in order to get to the elite missions, people would need to be Protector AND Catographer/do these masters quests. No one would be able to find enough people to form a team.

More likely it's something/place we/I've missed or not in yet,

Hopefully we'll get more protectors later on and can widen the search.

Why not put it in though?
Shanaeri Rynale is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 04:08 AM // 04:08   #107
Krytan Explorer

Location: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinus Stella
Well if its not protector and its not lvl9 sunspear then its most likely not opened yet, we'l know in the morning if its to do with lvl6 lighbringer.
how have people gotten past castellan as a rank for sunspear?
also drawing back onto the thoughts of it being in the vortex place.. has anyone scouted all the maps and compiled them to notice that there is a island to teh south.. with no way to get to it???
skretth is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 05:19 AM // 05:19   #108
Wilds Pathfinder

sindex's Avatar

Location: California
Guild: Swords of Night & Day [SWRD]

It would be interesting to have the other fallen gods in the elite mission especially Dhuum or Menzies (or both) since they were mentioned here. Unless kept for the fourth campaign I would like to see an appearance for them, for this mission. I only mention this in case the elite mission is in the realm of torment.

One thing I have to ask though I remember seeing what appears to be a huge shadow creature in the second trailer for GW Nightfall (time :59-1:01)? I never found that thing in the realm of torment where it was supposed to be; was this a elite mission monster (I wonder)?

Last edited by sindex; Nov 03, 2006 at 05:33 AM // 05:33..
sindex is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 05:38 AM // 05:38   #109
Debbie Downer

Zinger314's Avatar

Profession: N/Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanaeri Rynale
Why not put it in though?
ArenaNet wanted to release the game on-time. Easy explination.
Zinger314 is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 05:44 AM // 05:44   #110
Grotto Attendant

arcanemacabre's Avatar

Location: North Kryta Province
Guild: Angel Sharks [As]

I really wish we'd get an official word on this. Even as simple as "Oh it's there, keep looking " or "The elite mission was not completed at the time of release. We will have it in the game -soon-!" Either one would be 10x better than nothing at all.
arcanemacabre is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 07:00 AM // 07:00   #111
Krytan Explorer

Location: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindex
One thing I have to ask though I remember seeing what appears to be a huge shadow creature in the second trailer for GW Nightfall (time :59-1:01)? I never found that thing in the realm of torment where it was supposed to be; was this a elite mission monster (I wonder)?

its an abyssal
same as teh ones you find in fissure of woe

looks to be outside the town in the bottom right of the realm.

also *taken from wiki*
Order of the Sunspears
Structure and Ranks
The Order uses a heirarchic military structure. The current leader is Spearmarshal Kormir.
Known NPC ranks are:
1. Spearmarshal - Leader - currently Kormir
2. Castellan - Castellan Puuba

well kormir = god now.. so no more sunspear spearmashall.. mad she will give us a way to BECOME spearmarshall.. or she will only trigger WHEN we have spearmarshall

Last edited by skretth; Nov 03, 2006 at 07:06 AM // 07:06..
skretth is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 07:25 AM // 07:25   #112
Lion's Arch Merchant

Location: Maguuma Stade

Even if the elite mission is in middle south, what says the entrance to it can't be somewhere other than the Realm of Torment?
SilentVex is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:02 AM // 08:02   #113
Academy Page

johnmedgla's Avatar

Guild: Dark
Profession: N/Me

Forgive me, there are millions of new threads - but is there any chance the Huge Locked Doors of Doom in Chantry of Secrets (guarded by men who tell us the area is not ready for public access) a possible (future) location for the Elite Mission? Or do we already know what's going to be there.
johnmedgla is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:03 AM // 08:03   #114
Wilds Pathfinder

sindex's Avatar

Location: California
Guild: Swords of Night & Day [SWRD]

Quote:
Originally Posted by skretth

its an abyssal
same as teh ones you find in fissure of woe

looks to be outside the town in the bottom right of the realm.
The Abysal oh yeah, it’s been a long time since I’ve been in FoW. It did look somewhat familiar, but with all the other shadow stuff it completely slipped my mind. Anyways I have still yet to locate one in the realm of torment, even in the domain of fear (which is by that one realm you were talking about).
sindex is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:12 AM // 08:12   #115
Wilds Pathfinder

Exoudeous's Avatar

Guild: Honor Warriors
Profession: E/

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmedgla
Forgive me, there are millions of new threads - but is there any chance the Huge Locked Doors of Doom in Chantry of Secrets (guarded by men who tell us the area is not ready for public access) a possible (future) location for the Elite Mission? Or do we already know what's going to be there.
on the otehr side of the door is a statue you can get to if you have beaten the gmae, but it does nothing
Exoudeous is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:21 AM // 08:21   #116
Krytan Explorer

Location: Australia

maybe its a hint that he is somewhere in FoW

and do go saying but FoW is prophecies, coz its not.. its core.

and we have a tyrian hero, a canthan hero, 12 elonian heros.. whats stopping us having a core hero. (makes sense)

anyone done any recently fow CLEARING runs?
skretth is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:39 AM // 08:39   #117
Jungle Guide

Anarkii's Avatar

Guild: -None-
Profession: R/Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by skretth
maybe its a hint that he is somewhere in FoW

and do go saying but FoW is prophecies, coz its not.. its core.

and we have a tyrian hero, a canthan hero, 12 elonian heros.. whats stopping us having a core hero. (makes sense)

anyone done any recently fow CLEARING runs?
Yes, I have cleared FoW recently, and it was no different.
Anarkii is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:43 AM // 08:43   #118
Wilds Pathfinder

Exoudeous's Avatar

Guild: Honor Warriors
Profession: E/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skretth
maybe its a hint that he is somewhere in FoW

and do go saying but FoW is prophecies, coz its not.. its core.

and we have a tyrian hero, a canthan hero, 12 elonian heros.. whats stopping us having a core hero. (makes sense)

anyone done any recently fow CLEARING runs?
but the thing is the 15th hero is supposedly a Margonite, which would mean it would be only in Nightfall. I think the hero is tied in with the elite mission
Exoudeous is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 08:58 AM // 08:58   #119
Krytan Explorer

Location: Australia

*Wiki*
Razah is a hero with variable profession available in the Nightfall Campaign.

* Origin: The Mists
* Age: N/A
* Profession: Variable

Razah is a creature made out of the Mists. It entered the realms of the mortals with the physical form of a human, but the nature of its origin is more similar to that of demons.

*Manual*

Razah
Unformed Hero
"I Live to serve."
Origion: The Mists
Age: Inapplicable
Profession: Viable

The protomatter that makes up the Mists strains toward creation, often spwaning demonic creatures in nightmareish forms. Not all creatures from the mists are demonic, however. When the mists come into contact with a suitable human template, for example, it can copy that form, creating a sentient entity with a humanoid appearance and an almost human mind.

Razah is one such creation. It has sprung into beings as Fully-Formed adult. It has the knowledge and capabilites of a human, but lacks common sense. As a result, it asks odd questions about human emotions, contemplates human motivations and attempts to duplicate human mannerisms. Razah is a contradicition: more than human in some ways, and less than human in the others. It needs an identity, a personality, and a hero. Otherwise, it could degenerate into an abomination as monstrous and inhuman as its demonic brethren.

doesnt say anything about being margonite. more so that he is NOT a margonite.. and will most likely be the primary profession of the charater that obtains him (yay, another ele hero *rolls eyes*)
skretth is offline
Old Nov 03, 2006, 09:14 AM // 09:14   #120
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: hex
Profession: R/Me

The Margonites are also made out of the mists so how does that hint that he won't be one?
Tuesg is offline
Closed Thread

Share This Forum!