Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > Gladiator's Arena

Notices

Old Sep 10, 2007, 02:06 AM // 02:06   #1
Teh [prefession]-zorz
Jungle Guide

Guild: Spiders Lair Kurz [SpL]
Profession: W/A
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default A monks point of view Vs. shutdown

Whats more annoying to you, the Migraine/frustration, or the Powerblock blackout, or the MoR diversion
Teh [prefession]-zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 04:28 AM // 04:28   #2
Paddatoochie
Academy Page

Well the good thing about Migraine is that preveiling can stop it and you just need to recast it after fifteen second or whatever.

MoR is a lot more constant, with Diversion every six seconds, aswell as duel enchant removal and Shame, so preveiling only really works when you first enter battle, and not even though mostly. So yeah this one.

Power block blackout isn't too bad because it requires them to get close to you which can often screw themselves over.

However with a good team you should be able to stop the mesmer at least from casting so who cares.
Paddatoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:11 AM // 08:11   #3
moko
ǝuoʞoɯ

i'm not dumb enough to let someone pblock me that easily.

migraine is poo anyways.

mor dom..meh who cares, mor illusion annoys me more because my warriors are frenzying through inep and clumsiness and i have to heal it up.

but yes, mor i guess, or a really random echo blackout lol ^_^ (hi to you if you read this :P)
For the perfect dream
moko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:16 AM // 10:16   #4
urania
Forge Runner

Guild: vD
Profession: Mo/

migraine/frustration. simply because either of them can shut u down completely and u cant really remove both with a single preveil - especially if they chain them (thought same can be applied for a mor shutdown to a certain degree) =p

unlike with diversion and shame that are easily interruptable, frustration can slip through and still does the same job as migraine with the extra damage added on interrupts.

and moko, you can get powerblocked on guardian easily, if you dont expect the mesmer to be a powerblocker. ~~

but somehow it really depends on the opponents' build to say which one hurts more.
in a degen build, migraine/frustr is gonna hurt more because you wont be able to get through a single ZB if the mesmer has any clue what they're doing (unless you get lucky with halfed casts on your 40/40 set), in balanced spike build shutdown with shame/diversion is gonna hurt more.

Last edited by urania; Sep 10, 2007 at 10:28 AM // 10:28..
urania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 03:11 AM // 03:11   #5
Teh [prefession]-zorz
Jungle Guide

Well Mokone you usually dont find out its a PB until your on the ground xD

I saw a guy from gank running a good PD blackout and dang a blackout with a warrior ontop of him = 1 dead monk xD

However i have found only 1 way to stop the annoying mesmers and moreso hex casters in general, hex breaker ftw ^^
Old Sep 11, 2007, 09:10 AM // 09:10   #6
urania
Forge Runner

hex breaker is fine...till there is a necro on the other team to break it for the mesmer. a covered preveil is fine, as long as you can afford it, but otherwise one just has to count on the ranger/pd mesmer to interrupt diversion/shame/migr/w/e.

also, any smart mesmers will just lay off you as soon as they see you're using hb.

not to mention you're in a really bad position vs a full physical team then.

Last edited by urania; Sep 11, 2007 at 09:14 AM // 09:14..
Old Sep 11, 2007, 11:53 AM // 11:53   #7
moko
ǝuoʞoɯ

Quote:
Originally Posted by urania
migraine/frustration. simply because either of them can shut u down completely and u cant really remove both with a single preveil - especially if they chain them (thought same can be applied for a mor shutdown to a certain degree) =p

unlike with diversion and shame that are easily interruptable, frustration can slip through and still does the same job as migraine with the extra damage added on interrupts.

and moko, you can get powerblocked on guardian easily, if you dont expect the mesmer to be a powerblocker. ~~

but somehow it really depends on the opponents' build to say which one hurts more.
in a degen build, migraine/frustr is gonna hurt more because you wont be able to get through a single ZB if the mesmer has any clue what they're doing (unless you get lucky with halfed casts on your 40/40 set), in balanced spike build shutdown with shame/diversion is gonna hurt more.
but you know i dont use guardian.
For the perfect dream
moko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:19 PM // 20:19   #8
Divine Slaya
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Young Money Merger [YM]

I personally find MoR diversion/shame to be equally annoying as Migraine/frustration. When used alone, Migraine and Frustration are not much of a problem because I simply remove my veil when need be. My problem is when I'm facing a mesmer that is using both skills because I will remove my first veil and then I am am forced to monk through a frustration.

MoR diversion/shame isn't much of a problem with me either because I will just keep my veil up rather than remove it. If they start making it a habit to remove and interupt my veils when recasting, then it is a bit more tricky.

Powerblock blackout mesmers definantly mess me up the most if they are actually successful at it. I guess I just don't encounter these often in TA or I just haven't noticed them enough to consider them as annoying.
Divine Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:49 PM // 20:49   #9
Teh [prefession]-zorz
Jungle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Slaya

MoR diversion/shame isn't much of a problem with me either because I will just keep my veil up rather than remove it. If they start making it a habit to remove and interupt my veils when recasting, then it is a bit more tricky.

Most MoR mesmers have drain enchantment so its useless to even try and keep it up...
I guess I just don't encounter these often in TA or I just haven't noticed them enough to consider them as annoying.[/QUOTE]

Well i mean annoying when you play them, not "haven't played them enough"
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:18 AM // 03:18   #10
Just Another Chest Runner
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: Paper St. Fight Club [Soap]
Profession: Mo/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokone

but yes, mor i guess, or a really random echo blackout lol ^_^ (hi to you if you read this :P)
lol mokone, that would be me =) though i dont think i've used it against you before (its been a while since i last ran that build.

mor diversion is /hate. p block i dont see too much, migraine you can get around
Just Another Chest Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 03:52 AM // 03:52   #11
Teh [prefession]-zorz
Jungle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by urania

also, any smart mesmers will just lay off you as soon as they see you're using hb.
then you dont have to worry about a mez then do you lol
Old Sep 12, 2007, 04:40 AM // 04:40   #12

Guild: STG Administrator

For me in say TA it would be cry of frustration.diversion and power spike along with MoR.If they are using it shatter enchments.I wouldn't worry about blackout that more for a Warrior or Ranger.
Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:12 PM // 12:12   #13
urania
Forge Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh [prefession]-zorz
then you dont have to worry about a mez then do you lol
they'll either go shutdown the other caster(s) in your team (and make themselves useful, at least) or wait a bit till you might forget to use hex breaker again.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:13 PM // 12:13   #14
Teh [prefession]-zorz
Jungle Guide

Powerblock doesn't work vs spirits, so i think they will be fine xD

Share This Forum!