Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > Explorer's League

Notices

Old Nov 26, 2008, 06:44 PM // 18:44   #1
AtomicMew
Jungle Guide

Profession: N/A
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default stuck on Grothmar wardowns with H/H

How do you do this area??? I keep dying to the multiple healers... especially the healer boss in the camp.

Tried general discordway, sabway, neither worked. The seige also just made things worse. It's not really good.

Right now the closest I've come was with me as imbagon, Olias with SS, BR, dark fury, ff, Gwen with VoR, Ogden with HB 2x war hench, interrupt hench and mhenlo.

Suggestions????
AtomicMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 07:40 PM // 19:40   #2
Beta Sprite
Frost Gate Guardian

Profession: R/

I take it that you're trying to vanquish?

Anyway, I'm surprised you haven't tried using Scourge Healing if those particular enemies are the ones you're having trouble with. I don't really have experience vanquishing Grothmar, but it's something to try.
Beta Sprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 07:57 PM // 19:57   #3
cognophile
Frost Gate Guardian

Many of the charr carry a [[Resurrection Signet], and the dominators carry [[Resurrection Chant], so [[Frozen Soil] could be helpful. Or, you could do like I did and just keep killing them until they run out of resurrects.

To tackle the groups with multiple healers, you could set up a hero with a skill such as [[Broad Head Arrow], to daze one of the healers and shut down some of the healing. Otherwise, maybe mount the siege devourer and use Devourer Siege on them.
cognophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:38 AM // 00:38   #4
AtomicMew
Jungle Guide

I've pretty much given up.

All the groups are do-able except for the Healer boss in the char camp. I seriously think it is impossible with hero/hench and no consumables. I can barely make a dent in him. But even if you somehow manage to kill the boss, he just gets rezzed in seconds.Even if you brought frozen soil, you'd need to kill all the rezzers before being wiped or else they'd just chain rez.

I'd be real happy if someone can prove me wrong though. Post screen shots
Old Nov 27, 2008, 04:33 AM // 04:33   #5
wind fire and ice
Jungle Guide

Guild: [ToA]

no screen shots and im too lazy to do the vanquish over,but 1 n/rt healer with discord 1mm with prots and discord and 1 n/ranger with discord random hexes and FS along with me as a e/a with wards and ap+pve skills with mhenlo,lina,zho and herta i dont think i ever wiped at all,just be carful on the monk boss,it was dead before it had a chance to stand up thanks to my handy ymlad+ebon 'sin being a paragon i cant see how your having problems,just be sure to bring ebon standard of honor for awesome damage buffs.
wind fire and ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 07:01 AM // 07:01   #6
Sacratus Ignis
Jungle Guide

Guild: SCAR
Profession: E/

lol wasnt enough of an acomplishment to merit screenshots... but i think 3 or 4 of my toons have vanq'd this h/h without cons. I take it you are a paragon from your first post? I dont have time right now to go in game and design builds for you exactly, but a VoR mes with interrupts and backfire can shutdown a few casters at once, I'd take a jagged or discord MM with prots to provide coverage and damage from dnova, and for 3rd hero, I'd suggest an SS or if you want to overkill the defense, an ether renewal prot ele or icy veins prot necro. Go imba yourself, but take a few offensive minded skills like sniper support, vanguard sin, or vanguard honor. These skills are too overpowered against the charr to not use them...

Fill out the rest of your party with enough healing (depending on what you use for 3rd hero), and then I'd suggest Zho for his BHA, and lo sha + herta also have decent bars for HM.
Sacratus Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 07:01 AM // 07:01   #7
AtomicMew
Jungle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind fire and ice View Post
no screen shots and im too lazy to do the vanquish over,but 1 n/rt healer with discord 1mm with prots and discord and 1 n/ranger with discord random hexes and FS along with me as a e/a with wards and ap+pve skills with mhenlo,lina,zho and herta i dont think i ever wiped at all,just be carful on the monk boss,it was dead before it had a chance to stand up thanks to my handy ymlad+ebon 'sin being a paragon i cant see how your having problems,just be sure to bring ebon standard of honor for awesome damage buffs.
The problem with paragon is that multiple flameshielders have aegis means it's hard to keep up SY!. When it's up, it's still pretty difficult because of constant pressure/armor ignoring and partywide degen. When it goes down due to blocking, pretty much huge chunks of life loss and a good chance of wiping.

I managed to kill one of the prophets in the mob before I wiped, so I guess it is possible! I'm thinking next time I try to swap in technobabble for EBSoH next time I try. I've been using discord + imbagon which works really well against normal mobs, but I don't think it's enough of a spike without a strong AP caller.

Do you try to do a clean spike or just let your heroes discord on their own?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:06 AM // 09:06   #8
psion
Krytan Explorer

Profession: W/

There is a way to make that boss mob not spawn in that explorable.

But besides that, he's not impossible. they like to cluster up, so technobabble works pretty well (just don't target him. target the mob BESIDE him to get the daze effect). I used a modified discord way with zho, mesmer hench and 2 monks hench. Bring FS to nulify the rezzes, enough heal to keep you going and flag your heroes / hench apart. Micro helps in reducing damage from aoe spells.

They are generally the same as those double/triple class stone summit mobs in some dungeons. Their energy runs out after sometime, so you just have to outlast them.
psion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:21 PM // 12:21   #9
Silicon Based
Academy Page

Guild: a Few Good Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by psion View Post
From guildwars.wikia.com:

Quote:
If you carry out "Against the Charr" before starting vanquishing, the Charr fort will be empty when you zone in at the end of the quest. This means you do not have to face the large balanced mob that usually resides there.
Silicon Based is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2008, 01:38 PM // 13:38   #10
Sadric
Academy Page

I had a bit of trouble with that group, and I had saved them for last to get max rep points from the named. If I hadnt had a ranger hero I probably would have given up, but I had Pyre set up with broad head arrow and a disabled frozen soil. I aggro'd the group, used Pyre's hero window to make him ffocus fire on the healer that wasnt named, then had him drop a frozen soil. While I called the named healer for the rest of the group, Pyre kept the other healer dazed and all of them unable to rez. Was still difficult but it worked after couple tries. Good luck.
Sadric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2008, 10:45 AM // 10:45   #11
avilia
Academy Page

Quote:
Fixed. The Charr group in the fortress now also spawns after you complete Against The Charr (both NM and HM).
avilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2008, 04:15 PM // 16:15   #12
ac1inferno
Desert Nomad

Guild: We D Shot Your Stances [GODS]
Profession: A/W

The Siege Devourer can be fought (will turn from hostile to friendly once "subdued") and then ridden. If the Vanguard Helmet is examined, the Siege Devourer will be temporarily lost until the quest Against the Charr is completed (or the party resigns).
ac1inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2008, 09:29 PM // 21:29   #13
lishi
Forge Runner

SABWAy and discord is not the best here.

Char have a very good healing/prot setup, they can easy heal a target indefinitly if you dont shut down their healer.

Or you can just nuke them to the ground. All the caster will stay in one big ball. Making AoE spell effective.

Just dont use fire spell, the best choice is the siege devouler attack.
lishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:40 PM // 18:40   #14
AtomicMew
Jungle Guide

Not that anyone cares, but: I finally beat it! I used 2 curse heroes to do it.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:30 PM // 19:30   #15
Tharg
Krytan Explorer

Guild: Omega Glory
Profession: Mo/

we care........ Gratz!
Tharg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 02, 2009, 12:45 AM // 00:45   #16
RavagerX
Ascalonian Squire

I can vouch to you that it is possible to defeat that healer boss inside the fort with h/h party. I play as paragon as well. I did get wiped out few times but you get resurrected in a nearby shrine. Target prophets first and try to pull some Charrs out of the range of healer boss. You can't kill the boss first so be patient. Vanguard Assassin is must for this battle. He will constantly interrupt him and deal decent damage. Use interrupt skills and elementalists to cast meteor storm (huge damage plus interrupt every 3 seconds). Healers as other spell casters stand in place during combat unlike warriors so it is easy to target them with powerful AoE spells. Deep wound skills, bleeding and unblockable throws are your best bet for paragon.
RavagerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:58 PM // 22:58   #17
Spaced Invader
Frost Gate Guardian

I used standard Discordway and simply mounted the Siege Devourer (spawns NW of the map) to kill the tougher groups that were not killable for me (one in the middle with 4 healers and 2 rezzers plus the bunch in the SE corner).

Worked like a charm. Didn't even do anything special. Just opened with the AOE KD and then auto-attacked Avengers and Dominators (those are the ones with rezzes) first with some random button mashing.
They dropped like flies, even though my H/H were at -60% by the time I finally found out about the Siege Devourer.
Spaced Invader is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!