Old Jul 29, 2006, 09:51 PM // 21:51   #1
0 mesmerised 0
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: non at tho moment
Profession: R/Rt
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Cool ultimate build for taking down warriors

hey i hav been trying to make a mesmer build that counters a warrior monk and completely imobilizes them here is what i hav

conjure phantasm
phantom pain
ineptitude
blackout
energy burn
physical resistance
plus 1 monk healing spell (coz mesmer heal sucks)

now at first look u think wot a poo build ok? imagine this energy burn+ineptitude = 200 damage and 10 seconds blind. physical resistance 40 armour vs. melee ok u followin? now this may take some good timing and i havnt tried it yet but conjure phantasm+ phantom pain = -8 health degen and a deep wound. then u use blackout and they cant use any skill for 6 seconds. if u time it rite u can spike them and then with blackout force them to stand there and degenerate health to zero (or deep wound kills them). this build is just a theory but i think if used at perfect timing it wud work 100% uncounterable. plus if i had factions i wud use conjure nightmare. blackout is the key here 6 seconds where they cannot heal or do anything else (neither can u btw)
0 mesmerised 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 09:58 PM // 21:58   #2
0 mesmerised 0
Frost Gate Guardian

opinions plz?
Old Jul 29, 2006, 10:36 PM // 22:36   #3
TeeGee
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Uber Pro Gamers [leet]
Profession: Me/E

What about atribute points - u r using spells from four lines (not even counting fc). You want to deal max damage with burn and ineptitude, cast physical resistance and heal with monk spell - that's impossible. There are many better antiwarriors builds out there using ineptitude and clumsiness or SoM and plague touch. No need to post another, impossible to make one. No need to post it twice. Also no need for posting twice within it when u can just edit.
TeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2006, 11:08 PM // 23:08   #4
MartyrNight
Ascalonian Squire

Guild: Racist Against The Moon
Profession: R/

I see he's also posted it twice.

Edit: Never mind that was stated by the reader above me.
MartyrNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 01:22 AM // 01:22   #5
0 mesmerised 0
Frost Gate Guardian

accident posting it twice and i see ure point there but u see i can hav 12 illlusion 12 domination and 7 healing or i cud lower illusion and put healing up. i do not require inspiration if u look into it the spell lasts 30 seconds and does exactly the same even if u had 12 inspiration the only difference is the length it lasts. so before u diss the build do some revision first.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 07:06 AM // 07:06   #6
Pat_vaynard
Ascalonian Squire

Guild: The Black Dye Cartel [幸sad]
Profession: Me/
Default An opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 mesmerised 0
hey i hav been trying to make a mesmer build that counters a warrior monk and completely imobilizes them here is what i hav

conjure phantasm
phantom pain
ineptitude
blackout
energy burn
physical resistance
plus 1 monk healing spell (coz mesmer heal sucks)

now at first look u think wot a poo build ok? imagine this energy burn+ineptitude = 200 damage and 10 seconds blind. physical resistance 40 armour vs. melee ok u followin? now this may take some good timing and i havnt tried it yet but conjure phantasm+ phantom pain = -8 health degen and a deep wound. then u use blackout and they cant use any skill for 6 seconds. if u time it rite u can spike them and then with blackout force them to stand there and degenerate health to zero (or deep wound kills them). this build is just a theory but i think if used at perfect timing it wud work 100% uncounterable. plus if i had factions i wud use conjure nightmare. blackout is the key here 6 seconds where they cannot heal or do anything else (neither can u btw)

Aside from your butchery of the english language, this build is hypothetically plausible. Remeber -nothing- is 100% uncounterable, when you are playing a game based on countering. As a mesmer, you don't want to be spread too thin between your attributes, but the skills listed here don't require much fast casting. It's more for snapping off mostly-interruptable skills. Blackout can shut down not only a warrior's skill bar, but it will blank his adrenaline build up as well. Conjure nightmare requires too much energy management to be worth the 25 energy cost. This is an acceptable build if you are planning about only going against warriors, but if you ever ran into an ele he would cook you for ever using that phys resist around him. That's just asking to get spiked on with an elemental weapon too. I think distortion is a better option over physical resistance.

You also have no energy management, no hex removal and no enchant drain. Where are you planning on using this build, Ra? Ta? Each place has it's own specific requirements, and so you must keep that in mind when you're building a skill bar to counter anything. A mesmer must take into account who he is fighting, but also where he is fighting them and how many of them. You have a good start, but I think if you refined your build a bit more you would be pleased with how it plays.
Pat_vaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 07:54 AM // 07:54   #7
0 mesmerised 0
Frost Gate Guardian

yes i take in ure view point 100% but this build is designed for a one on one scrimmage with a warrior monk hu uses no smiting prayers only healing and axe mastery. (my next door neighbour thinks he is good u see). pat you seem to know wot ure talking about can u perhaps sugges t abetter build to me plz i am open to ideas and want to use my mesmer to its best capability
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:22 AM // 10:22   #8
KaelMageslayer
Ascalonian Squire

Guild: Xcore X
Profession: W/Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 mesmerised 0
this build is designed for a one on one scrimmage with a warrior monk hu uses no smiting prayers only healing and axe mastery.
the sole purpose of this build is to 1v1 scrimmage a wamo?? -.-;; if this is the best you think the mesmer line can do to shut down a warrior then stop playing mesmer...
KaelMageslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 06:21 PM // 18:21   #9
Pat_vaynard
Ascalonian Squire

Guild: The Black Dye Cartel [幸sad]

It depends on how evil you want to be, and what you want to punish him for doing. You can take away his healing, you can make him miss you infinitely with his axe. You can put him in a position to where he will never be able to harm you, if you read your skills right.

I have my own version of an ineptitude build which I won't share, but I can give you a few useful skills and the ways to apply them to your average w/mo that is going to charge in after you with his axe-adrenaline skills.

The combination of Distortion & Spirit of Failure with the proper attributes will provide you a net of +3 energy and he will miss you 100% of the time. I would suggest bringing a cover hex for spirit of failure, so even if he brings a hex removal you can rest assured you'll have time to re-cover spirit before it is removed. So long as he is busy trying to prevent you from preventing him, he won't be hitting you with his axe anytime soon.

On top of that, if you bring a few spells that trigger on attack, you can spike him down very quickly. Typically I can handle 2 human melee classes at a time in Ra or Ta with my inept build, and more or less shut one down while spiking the other out. Your W/Mo friend shouldn't be so willing to 1v1 you as a Mesmer, because if he had any idea of what you could do to him he would quickly reconsider.

Aside from Inept, another nasty build you could throw at him would be utilizing Illusionary Weaponry. It'll ignore his heavy armor and if you take the time to explore these forums more, i'm sure you can find a suitable build to use or modify so you can go head to head with him.

If you need more help, or just want to tell us all how it went I'd be glad to critique your progress.
Pat_vaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:24 PM // 23:24   #10
moo moo
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: [WET]

IF its a RA build its fine cause most war there are stupid. Most people now are starting to realise what inept. looks like finally lol. When i see a mesmer most of the time they are running the same war S/D build which makes it easy because i just dont attack. Plus half the time they have no e-manage. What i run in aspenwood is this build, best part is no need for rez.

Crippling Anguish/E-Drain
Conjure
Images
Illusion of Weakness
Self Heal/Maybe a monk skill
Drain Enchant
Power Drain/Clumsiness
Gale/Rez Sig if in RA

Yes i know i dont have distortion but i do have it in sometimes. I like using e-drain the best though and just spamming 9 degen on everybody.

Even better is using etheral Burden and the factions copy of it with the 9 degen lol. Its not that effective but im sure it rly pisses them off alot. With a 20/20 wand and 20/20 offhand its a funny build.
moo moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 11:35 PM // 23:35   #11
makosi
Grotto Attendant

Guild: Requirement Begins With R [notQ]

Try this:

Ineptitude [e]
Clumsiness
Images of Remorse
Spirit of Failure
Distortion
Ether Feast
Leech Signet/Drain Enchantment
Res (Signet or otherwise)

16 Illusion
10 Inspiration
10 Fast Casting

Using these skills is simple. Slap on ineptitude + clumsiness and spirit of failure to do obscene damage and recuperate your energy because the warrior is most likely going to keep attacking. If you're the one being attacked use distortion incase the blindess is removed or wears off and you'll gain +4 energy per miss and lose 1 energy. Remorse is excellent as degen, little spike and a cover hex.

P.S. If the warrior is using frenzy... <3
P.P.S You might want Spirit Shackles for countering rangers too.

Last edited by makosi; Jul 30, 2006 at 11:39 PM // 23:39..
makosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 08:27 AM // 08:27   #12
Munanko Roha
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: KoH
Profession: W/E

A dedicated mesmer can simply destroy anyone 1vs1.

To go antiwar there's the classic Ineptitude/Clumsiness combo, there's IW, there's high degen/snare, even Empathy/Shatter Delusions works well. I like to go with e-denial/Mind Wrack anyway, allowing my build to work for casters as well:

Domination 16
Inspiration 11
Fast Casting 7

Energy Surge
Energy Burn
Spirit Shackles
Power Leak
Mind Wrack
Power Drain
Inspired Enchantment
Ether Feast
Ress Sig

For Alliance Battles I switch Ress Sig with Inspired Hex so I can manage energy even better. The reason I don't use Distortion or any skill to avoid being hit is I usually try to engage 1vs1 battles looking for lonely targets (in AB) and by the time warriors reach me they're already going to try to escape.
Munanko Roha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2006, 09:04 PM // 21:04   #13
Swinging Fists
Wilds Pathfinder

Profession: W/Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munanko Roha
A dedicated mesmer can simply destroy anyone 1vs1.

To go antiwar there's the classic Ineptitude/Clumsiness combo, there's IW, there's high degen/snare, even Empathy/Shatter Delusions works well. I like to go with e-denial/Mind Wrack anyway, allowing my build to work for casters as well:

Domination 16
Inspiration 11
Fast Casting 7

Energy Surge
Energy Burn
Spirit Shackles
Power Leak
Mind Wrack
Power Drain
Inspired Enchantment
Ether Feast
Ress Sig

For Alliance Battles I switch Ress Sig with Inspired Hex so I can manage energy even better. The reason I don't use Distortion or any skill to avoid being hit is I usually try to engage 1vs1 battles looking for lonely targets (in AB) and by the time warriors reach me they're already going to try to escape.
How do you get 9 skills in your bar ??
Swinging Fists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2006, 11:12 AM // 11:12   #14
fatboyslimerr
Krytan Explorer

Guild: Intensive Care Unit [ICU]
Profession: Me/A

Arcane Exploitory ?
fatboyslimerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2006, 03:31 PM // 15:31   #15
Hella Good
Desert Nomad

Guild: None, free and clear

Energy Burn? Physical Resistance? Phantom Pain with no Shatter Del?

Stick to basics.

Spam hexes, give degen, give deep wound (with Cume Pain) and use Distortion. It makes 0 sense not to use Dist with pumped up Illusion and a set of Savant armor. 0.
Hella Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2006, 03:47 PM // 15:47   #16
LightningHell
(屮ಠ益ಠ)屮

Guild: Guildless
Profession: Mo/

PP without SD? Physical Resistance?

A nuker is going to have a hard time NOT to kill you...
LightningHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2006, 04:15 PM // 16:15   #17
Hella Good
Desert Nomad

Guild: None, free and clear

They can probably wand him to death with a L or F damage wand.
Hella Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2006, 08:00 PM // 20:00   #18
Cowboy Nastyman
Lion's Arch Merchant

Profession: Me/Mo

not to mention that a great deal of wars carry elemental dmg weapons so you are just gonna help those fds wielding mending wammos to kill you
Cowboy Nastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2006, 11:01 AM // 11:01   #19
lightblade
Forge Runner

Guild: The Etereal Guard
Profession: Me/Mo

I don't know why you want to make a build specifically to counter Warriors, as 5 out of 8 currently available professions are casters..
lightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:20 PM // 18:20   #20
Gigashadow
Jungle Guide

Profession: W/

Use distortion. Physical resistance is terrible. Remember that +armor does not affect +damage from attack skills, only the base damage. Armor on casters vs melees/rangers is overrated because of this (armor works well against elemental damage though).

Your best bet is distortion + spirit of failure for defence and energy management if you are going to duel a warrior.

Use Conjure Phantasm and Images of remorse to kill him.

You will still need a self heal, so Ether Feast.

A wammo will typically have healing signet or healing breeze, so you either want to interrupt those or drain off healing breeze. Your choice of drain enchantment, cry of frustration, or complicate (and you can use the latter two quite well at 0 domination).
Gigashadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!