Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru
 
 

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Ventari's Corner > Price Check

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2016, 08:13 PM // 20:13   #1
Frost Gate Guardian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Germany
Guild: JPH
Profession: E/
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Bo Staff Q9 Domination 20/20

Hey guys,
I need another pc. my beloved Luxon Sins just dropped me a Q9Domination Bo-Staff 20/20.

Also I wanna tahnk everyone who provided his/her pc's to me in the last couple of years .. I'll miss this forum

Last edited by cosyfiep; May 19, 2016 at 03:53 PM // 15:53..
deepl3zz is offline  
Old May 17, 2016, 09:31 PM // 21:31   #2
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: May 2006
Profession: Mo/E
Default

kinda hard to tell.but domination is popular due to the meta.I guess it could it go for 1250-1500e,maybe up to 2000e if there is bidwar.
I know a guy who has the same staff,but he wants 3000e for it,no way its worth that much tho.
OS T is offline  
Old May 17, 2016, 09:50 PM // 21:50   #3
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Gentleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

If you are really desperite for ectos dont sell below 750e, if you can wait it could easily get 1250+
Gentleman is offline  
Old May 17, 2016, 10:20 PM // 22:20   #4
Desert Nomad
 
expugnare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Guild: The Academy [PhD]
Profession: E/A
Default

1000-1500e imo.

Anything below 1000e is a waste.
expugnare is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 07:58 AM // 07:58   #5
Grotto Attendant
 
system.fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Guild: "アoo アugs アlan [ァアァ]" | Retired in "Teh Academy [PhD]"
Profession: Mo/A
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by expugnare View Post
Anything below 1000e is a waste.
I totally agree with you. Still there are maaaaany people farming WoC Quest atm and imo it's just a matter of time untill the next one will pop up. Those WoC foes drop bo/dragon/plat really often, far more often than the above mentioned luxon sins...

So If you don't need it for yourself... I'd try to get rid of it asap. Even if it's only 750-1000e.
system.fan is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 09:22 AM // 09:22   #6
Frost Gate Guardian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Germany
Guild: JPH
Profession: E/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by system.fan View Post
I totally agree with you. Still there are maaaaany people farming WoC Quest atm and imo it's just a matter of time untill the next one will pop up. Those WoC foes drop bo/dragon/plat really often, far more often than the above mentioned luxon sins...
Good to know, that was new to me. A pitty those items values are getting destroyed so hard

And thx everyone for your opinions
deepl3zz is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 07:22 PM // 19:22   #7
Desert Nomad
 
Surge goes pre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I would never play off Occupy Wall St. for my guild name
Guild: We Are the 1 Percent
Profession: Me/
Default

I agree with system fan. Dump it for whatever good money someone will pay. That might be 500e. Maybe 750 or 1000. Maybe 1500. But if I didn't want to keep it forever, I would get rid of it as soon as I could.
Surge goes pre is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 08:27 PM // 20:27   #8
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: May 2006
Profession: Mo/E
Default

I sold my q9 20/20 curse bo staff for 1000e and I got what I wanted for it quick. And dom is more wanted, I dont think you would have problems to sell it for 1250-1500e to the right person.
Yes,dragon,bo,plat staffs is beeing farmed and its lowering the price.
But last I saw I sold mine for 1000e,dragon q9 prot was sold for 35a ish and q9 20/20 fire dragon for 3000e.
There are bound to be some bo staff collectors out there that are looking for it.
I think kiki chama is collecting bo staffs. I dont think you would have much problems to get 1250-1500e for it.
But hey,its your staff.you sell it for the price you see fit.
OS T is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 08:30 PM // 20:30   #9
Desert Nomad
 
Surge goes pre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I would never play off Occupy Wall St. for my guild name
Guild: We Are the 1 Percent
Profession: Me/
Default

Q9 fire dragon staff is a special outlier and it's price shouldn't be used to price any other staff except maybe a different fire dragon.

Otherwise, your analysis seems sound and reasonable.
Surge goes pre is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 08:45 PM // 20:45   #10
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: May 2006
Profession: Mo/E
Default

why is fire dragon q9 an exception?
because you and phd/some in phd says so?
its like when a os q9 30hp -5 20% was pc some time ago,I cant remember what skin it was,but max said no os shield like that would go up to 2000e +.
after I pointed out that q9 magma 30hp -5 20% would probably go for more or 2000e + max aswell said its an exception.
I guess some people in this community can decide whats exception and not. why?because they are "known on guru" and they can decide things like that?

otherwise,you say fire dragon staff is a special outlier,but thats your opinion and those who love dragon staffs opinions.
OS T is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 08:51 PM // 20:51   #11
Furnace Stoker
 
Coast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgium
Guild: Whats Going On [sup]
Profession: Mo/
Default

because dragons usually breath fire, duuh.
Sell your staff fast, it will become garbage, from a collectors point of view at least.
Coast is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 09:06 PM // 21:06   #12
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: May 2006
Profession: Mo/E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast View Post
because dragons usually breath fire, duuh.
Sell your staff fast, it will become garbage, from a collectors point of view at least.
your wittiness is always appricated coast...lols.
OS T is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 09:17 PM // 21:17   #13
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Ham Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: the Netherlands
Guild: [ァアァ]-[pupu]-[PhD]
Profession: Mo/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS T View Post
why is fire dragon q9 an exception?
because you and phd/some in phd says so?
its like when a os q9 30hp -5 20% was pc some time ago,I cant remember what skin it was,but max said no os shield like that would go up to 2000e +.
after I pointed out that q9 magma 30hp -5 20% would probably go for more or 2000e + max aswell said its an exception.
I guess some people in this community can decide whats exception and not. why?because they are "known on guru" and they can decide things like that?

otherwise,you say fire dragon staff is a special outlier,but thats your opinion and those who love dragon staffs opinions.
Haters gonna hate. r9 20/20 fire dragon staff is an exception because in 11 years it is apparently the only one that is known off. I know two different people who would have paid 100a for it. I don't see other staves getting such offers. So yeah, I agree, it is an exception. And why do you feel the need to hate on PhD? We know you don't like them. Some people dislike you, but you don't see them posting shit about you? If you have a problem with people, talk to them. Don't bring it up in two different threads today already.

~Emma


***mod edit---yeah, what they said...please keep the drama OUT of Ventari's! or you will be very unhappy---mod edit***

Last edited by cosyfiep; May 18, 2016 at 09:53 PM // 21:53.. Reason: added comment--mod edit
Ham Rock is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 09:23 PM // 21:23   #14
Desert Nomad
 
tooburns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: u know where my spot is !
Guild: Teh Academy [PhD]. Officer.
Profession: W/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS T View Post
why is fire dragon q9 an exception?
because you and phd/some in phd says so?
its like when a os q9 30hp -5 20% was pc some time ago,I cant remember what skin it was,but max said no os shield like that would go up to 2000e +.
after I pointed out that q9 magma 30hp -5 20% would probably go for more or 2000e + max aswell said its an exception.
I guess some people in this community can decide whats exception and not. why?because they are "known on guru" and they can decide things like that?

otherwise,you say fire dragon staff is a special outlier,but thats your opinion and those who love dragon staffs opinions.
#1 : calm the fck down about phd we are not running the whole trading collector market

#2 if you say a magma q9 30-5 is not an excpetion you clearly have a lack of knowledge in collection market

#3 that staff is 750-1000e
tooburns is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 09:53 PM // 21:53   #15
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: May 2006
Profession: Mo/E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Rock View Post
Haters gonna hate. r9 20/20 fire dragon staff is an exception because in 11 years it is apparently the only one that is known off. I know two different people who would have paid 100a for it. I don't see other staves getting such offers. So yeah, I agree, it is an exception. And why do you feel the need to hate on PhD? We know you don't like them. Some people dislike you, but you don't see them posting shit about you? If you have a problem with people, talk to them. Don't bring it up in two different threads today already.

~Emma
I think its funny because you same people say that bo,plat,dragon price is down and yet its really not.
I would prolly pay 100a for a q9 20/20 heal or prot plat staff,im not going around saying that its an exception do I?
There is 1 q9 20/20 plat heal staff that is rice's staff that he bought in 2010 I belive,so plat staff q9 20/20 heal is like that to emma.


you think im alone about my opinion,im faaaar from alone.
If people dislike me, you can pm here on guru or pm me ing.
Actually max have posted shitt about me earlier in other pc threads,not today but as in past tense.I looked past it.
So thats that.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooburns View Post
#1 : calm the fck down about phd we are not running the whole trading collector market

#2 if you say a magma q9 30-5 is not an excpetion you clearly have a lack of knowledge in collection market

#3 that staff is 750-1000e
@#1: But phd sure acts like that on guru,or atleast some of you do.Everyone that is not in phd sees it like this.

@#2: I agree that magma shield is extremly rare shield with rare to see dual perf mods,but that doesnt really mean it gets exception rule.Not in my eyes atleast.

@#3: thats your opinion.
OS T is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 10:22 PM // 22:22   #16
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Gentleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Who would you rather trust for a price check and knows the rarity of an item? a person who has been in the collecting and price checking game for a month or two, or some one who has played the game years on end and know exactly how many fire dragons or rare shields exist, who has them, how much they bought them for and how much they could go for now?

Its all about experience in the game.
Gentleman is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 10:28 PM // 22:28   #17
Furnace Stoker
 
MaxBorken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Guild: Teh Academy [PhD]. Officer. Gentleman
Profession: W/N
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OS T View Post
Actually max have posted shitt about me earlier in other pc threads,not today but as in past tense.I looked past it.
You're going to have to back that up. The only times I have said anything which you might not have liked is when I said that if you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't give price checks.

Otherwise, I agree with Burns on the staff.

Max
MaxBorken is offline  
Old May 18, 2016, 10:40 PM // 22:40   #18
Desert Nomad
 
expugnare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Guild: The Academy [PhD]
Profession: E/A
Default

Gonna chip in with a few things.

The reason the fire one is an exception is that in the last eight years, there have only been two 20/20 Fire dragon staffs *known to guru*. There is a chance more dropped, but not that anyone here, to the general knowledge of the community knew about. That means that while, because of botting, other staves would go down in price, the fire dragon wouldn't, simply because there wasn't an influx to cut demand.

This means that a number of people, myself (obviously?) included, were very interested in this particular staff, and willing to pay lots of money for it. This includes people who shit out stacks of armbraces like its nothing, such as Mai Merenda, who bought a Fire Q13 20 20 Dragon Staff for probably over 2000e in value (potentially more,
Correct me if I'm wrong Surge). Keep in mind this is probably more than any Q13 staff has or ought to sell for (and not because I or some
PhD member says so, rather just because that's a crazy price for a Q13).

I missed that staff, and it made me determined to buy the next one. So, eventually a Q9
one shows up in Kama/Guru, the first since Dark Horni Worm put one up in High End since 2008. I try to see if I can get it for ~1500e, since (as I've said on guru) I figure most Canthan staff prices are down. Nope. There is now a bid war, between me, Gentleman, Julio and some unknown people. Supposedly even more people were very interested, and willing to go to 5000e or something crazy. Eventually it ends up being me and some non guru guy, c/o is 2700e. I talk to seller for like three days whittling them down and get it for 3000e, purely because the other bidder is gone for the weekend.

That staff is exceptional because it was:

1) Q9
2) Rarest skin
3) Extremely wanted and pricey attribute (perhaps due to me inflating prices inadvertently for fire items? Perhaps due to the attractive nature of Fire)
4) hadn't dropped in 8 years Q9, and 2 years 20/20
5) had a freakin Q13 sell for over 2000e
6) was the subject of a bid war between multiple collectors and nonguru people who were willing to shit out armbraces
7) would have supposedly gone to higher than what I payed for it
8) I and other people already owned versions of every other / practically every other fire staff skin 20/20 and only needed this to finish a long collection
9) it's a dragon and its fire duh!!
10) because I / PhD said it is (just kidding)

I hope it's clear why I think that item was exceptional. I actually think based on what I've heard that even the next fire one could go for a ton. And RE staff prices in general, it's pretty agreed that botting will reduce prices other than in exceptional cases or for Q9 wanted attributes. But even those, given a long enough timeline, will reduce in price with increased botting. You don't need to take my word to see it--Q10+ Bo/Plat/Drag sell simply for less than they used to; look through sell forum before it disappears if you have to.

That being said, I stand by my earlier statement, and disagree in part with Surge/Sys because I think the staff in question is definitely worth over 1000e. It will be for a while, too. But in a few months, maybe a year, I think things like this will devalue. I sold a Q9 20 20 Plat Dom Staff for 1500e two years ago; the next one was worth quite a bit less.

Also RE me (if you're going to call out an item, at least refer to me by name??) or the rest of PhD running some sort of weird Price Check mafia / whatever, I dunno what to say. I'm sorry I try to help community by PCing honestly based on my observations? I'm fine with you disagreeing with my conclusions (or that of Surge and others) but no need to imply things. I PC because I've been part of guru for over 11 years, and it and the community matter a ton to me. I really hope more people don't think I'm trying to run some outlandish staff devalue conspiracy or something. :/

Hope this clarifies things.

Yuko

Last edited by expugnare; May 18, 2016 at 10:45 PM // 22:45..
expugnare is offline  
Old May 19, 2016, 07:20 AM // 07:20   #19
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: May 2006
Profession: Mo/E
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBorken View Post
You're going to have to back that up. The only times I have said anything which you might not have liked is when I said that if you don't know what you're talking about, you shouldn't give price checks.

Otherwise, I agree with Burns on the staff.

Max
You basically told me im slow and stupid with finer words, and short after you deleted what you wrote,atleast in the post im reffering/thinking of.
And I have started playing gw since 06 and collecting in 07 and I did pc's on guru from 07-09 I belive.
And im not clueless on pc's that I give, there is certain items I dont have any clue whats worth.
And ye,I came back last year.

I just told my honest opinion about it,the seller can chose to ignore what I say

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by expugnare View Post
Gonna chip in with a few things.

The reason the fire one is an exception is that in the last eight years, there have only been two 20/20 Fire dragon staffs *known to guru*. There is a chance more dropped, but not that anyone here, to the general knowledge of the community knew about. That means that while, because of botting, other staves would go down in price, the fire dragon wouldn't, simply because there wasn't an influx to cut demand.

This means that a number of people, myself (obviously?) included, were very interested in this particular staff, and willing to pay lots of money for it. This includes people who shit out stacks of armbraces like its nothing, such as Mai Merenda, who bought a Fire Q13 20 20 Dragon Staff for probably over 2000e in value (potentially more,
Correct me if I'm wrong Surge). Keep in mind this is probably more than any Q13 staff has or ought to sell for (and not because I or some
PhD member says so, rather just because that's a crazy price for a Q13).

I missed that staff, and it made me determined to buy the next one. So, eventually a Q9
one shows up in Kama/Guru, the first since Dark Horni Worm put one up in High End since 2008. I try to see if I can get it for ~1500e, since (as I've said on guru) I figure most Canthan staff prices are down. Nope. There is now a bid war, between me, Gentleman, Julio and some unknown people. Supposedly even more people were very interested, and willing to go to 5000e or something crazy. Eventually it ends up being me and some non guru guy, c/o is 2700e. I talk to seller for like three days whittling them down and get it for 3000e, purely because the other bidder is gone for the weekend.

That staff is exceptional because it was:

1) Q9
2) Rarest skin
3) Extremely wanted and pricey attribute (perhaps due to me inflating prices inadvertently for fire items? Perhaps due to the attractive nature of Fire)
4) hadn't dropped in 8 years Q9, and 2 years 20/20
5) had a freakin Q13 sell for over 2000e
6) was the subject of a bid war between multiple collectors and nonguru people who were willing to shit out armbraces
7) would have supposedly gone to higher than what I payed for it
8) I and other people already owned versions of every other / practically every other fire staff skin 20/20 and only needed this to finish a long collection
9) it's a dragon and its fire duh!!
10) because I / PhD said it is (just kidding)

I hope it's clear why I think that item was exceptional. I actually think based on what I've heard that even the next fire one could go for a ton. And RE staff prices in general, it's pretty agreed that botting will reduce prices other than in exceptional cases or for Q9 wanted attributes. But even those, given a long enough timeline, will reduce in price with increased botting. You don't need to take my word to see it--Q10+ Bo/Plat/Drag sell simply for less than they used to; look through sell forum before it disappears if you have to.

That being said, I stand by my earlier statement, and disagree in part with Surge/Sys because I think the staff in question is definitely worth over 1000e. It will be for a while, too. But in a few months, maybe a year, I think things like this will devalue. I sold a Q9 20 20 Plat Dom Staff for 1500e two years ago; the next one was worth quite a bit less.

Also RE me (if you're going to call out an item, at least refer to me by name??) or the rest of PhD running some sort of weird Price Check mafia / whatever, I dunno what to say. I'm sorry I try to help community by PCing honestly based on my observations? I'm fine with you disagreeing with my conclusions (or that of Surge and others) but no need to imply things. I PC because I've been part of guru for over 11 years, and it and the community matter a ton to me. I really hope more people don't think I'm trying to run some outlandish staff devalue conspiracy or something. :/

Hope this clarifies things.

Yuko
I get that the fire dragon staff is rare and it hasnt been many for sale over years,Ive heard numerous times that plat,bo,dragon has gone down in price. And that is the driving force for some to lower the prices,but later states this staff is an exception.
I sold my curse bo staff for 1000e,and I think the seller can get around 1500e for it because domination is very wanted.

I remember about the q9 20/20 plat staff dom bc I checked through my beloved collection and saw it on pic you sold it to shadowfell I belive.But the next q9 20/20 dom plat staff came on guru it was between 5 people and 3 of them said their limit was around 1500e, which is why I cranked up my offer to 1600e,so its not really less then 1500e,is it?


maybe not pc mafia,but when one in phd pc's,more from phd tends to back it up.
I see how you guys in phd act on guru,like you own it and that you guys are ultimate collectors and with the endless stupid oneliners at every comment you make in(my beloved collection thread). Im not only saying this to you tooburns,but to others.And I belive Krompdown(he is the leader right?) actually pointed this out earlyer years from what ive heard and told max to not do that.
OS T is offline  
Old May 19, 2016, 12:15 PM // 12:15   #20
Furnace Stoker
 
MaxBorken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London UK
Guild: Teh Academy [PhD]. Officer. Gentleman
Profession: W/N
Default

1. Pleikki and Stuey are the most prolific and most accurate price checkers. Neither of those are in PhD.

2. I vaguely remember posting and deleting a comment, but I can't recall who it was directed at. I can tell you however that it takes a particular combination of dumbness, ignorance and arrogance for me to bring the scathing comments out. You must have hit all three precisely if I found my own scathing comment too scathing, and deleted it.

3. "Endless stupid one liners at every comment you make" ? You should do your homework before making inaccurate judgements. That went on for about 2 months, and stopped a long time ago. Hardly endless. How do you manage to walk under the weight of the massive CHIP you have on your shoulders towards PhD? Mafia cartel?

4. It's true. We are the ultimate collectors. If you had any idea of the items we have locked away in our vaults, you wouldn't feel the need to make that comment. Jealous much?

Max

Ps, if I have to take a ban for not actually price checking something, I'll cope

Last edited by MaxBorken; May 19, 2016 at 01:01 PM // 13:01..
MaxBorken is offline  
Closed Thread

Share This Forum!  
 
 
           

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 PM // 20:49.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
jQuery(document).ready(checkAds()); function checkAds(){if (document.getElementById('adsense')!=undefined){document.write("_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Adblock', 'Unblocked', 'false',,true]);");}else{document.write("