Jun 11, 2009, 11:36 PM // 23:36
Join Date: May 2009
Guild: Soths Knights Of The Black Rose
Guild Wars Template Sync
I'm working on a simple program to set set up and sync template files between multiple computers with Guild Wars on them.
It will be open source, and written in Python (mostly because I want to learn more about Python), but it will rely on another program to be installed, at first it will simply perform all the actions below for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, but in the future it will monitor directories for changes to work on other Before-Vista operating systems.
This works for users running Guild Wars under Wine in Linux, just use ln -s in place of mklink to make a symbolic link!
But for now, if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can set this up yourself. (If you're not a power user, be weary, this is quite technical)
- Install Dropbox https://www.getdropbox.com/ (I don't mean to advertise for another program, but I simply don't wish to deal with secure internet transactions).
- Create a folder in the folder you set for your Dropbox for the templates.
I used C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Dropbox\Guild Wars
- Move the folder C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Guild Wars\Templates to the folder in your dropbox for the templates.
I moved it to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Dropbox\Guild Wars\Templates
- Open your start menu.
- Search for cmd.
- Right click it and select Run as administrator.
You must run this as administrator.
- Replace %USERNAME% with your username if you are not an administrator for this next command! (%USERNAME% will default to the administrator account you used to run cmd)
Then, enter this command in command prompt:
mklink /D "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Guild Wars\Templates" "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\My Dropbox\Guild Wars\Templates"