Notices

Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:15 AM // 11:15   #1
Rieselle
Krytan Explorer

Profession: E/Rt
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Batch content downloads

I know a big deal is made out of the "streaming system" and all, but sometimes, rather than having to wait whilst I'm playing the game, I'd like to just download all updates in one go, when I'm asleep or at work or something.

I dont care if it's via an external program such as bittorrent, or it's within the game itself (eg, a "download all stuff" button in the login screen.)

Come to think of it, it seems to sneakily download things at normal times too. Does that mean, if I leave it idling in the character select screen, eventually it will download everything?
Rieselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:20 AM // 11:20   #2
Kaguya
Desert Nomad

Profession: Mo/

I doubt it will download everything, always wondered what it actually is downloading midgame with the little lightning in the upper corner. Thenagain, I haven't left my char idling for overnight.. Pretty easy to test by deleting the database, then just hopping into the login screen, and leave it alone for some time, and check how large the datafile is.

But I would see a 'up to date, complete client' download via bittorrent etc very good, after reinstalls there's ALWAYS tons of stuff to download, which will certainly annoy less fortunate people with 56k modems. [They could use webcafe whatever to download the complete client ;p]
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:37 AM // 11:37   #3
Rieselle
Krytan Explorer

Profession: E/Rt

Yes, I definitely agree. Plus, it can be unfair/unfun to your teammates - I remember when SF was released, our party had to wait 10 mins just inside the entrance to sorrows furnace because someone was on 56k and hadnt gotten the update to that area yet. Luckily we were a guild party so we waited, I'm sure a PUG would have just disbanded or charged in regardless.
Rieselle is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!