Old Feb 11, 2005, 06:58 PM // 18:58   #1
Rellok
Lion's Arch Merchant

Profession: W/Mo
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Blindness and Knockdown

Hello,

Another few questions from a prospective W/*. I'd have a much easier time deciding the direction for my character if I knew all of the workings of skills together, so here goes.

Is knockdown considered a condition? I don't think so, but I figured I would check (as it would be affected by things like Fevered Dreams, and Victory is Mine).

How long does knockdown last if no duration is listed? What I am wondering is, if they are standing back up immediately, is there even time for belly smash? Some skills list knocking down for 4 seconds, if that is the case, is it easy to get a spell off and also some application of blindness? I.E. could one get an aftershock in as well as a belly smash?

Also, there are some blindness skills that don't list a duration. And some that don't say that blindness is a condition. Is there a general duration for blindness? And is any application of blindness a condition?

Thanks,

Matt

p.s. I'm trying to figure out if it would be more beneficial to me to be a condition centered w/* or a dmg centered w/*, or if some combination of the two taking advantage of mass blindness would work the best.

Last edited by Rellok; Feb 11, 2005 at 07:19 PM // 19:19..
Rellok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:07 PM // 19:07   #2
Spooky
Bokusatsu Tenshi

Guild: KEA
Profession: E/Mo

Blind counts as a condition, and if I recall correctly, the default duration for it once it is inflicted, is 10 seconds.
Knockdown doesn't count as a condition, and while I don't have the exact time length for it offhand, it does not take very long for a foe to get back up. In my experience, i've gotten the most use out of knockdown as a forceful interrupt on casters or healers, rather than a basis for a damage chain.
Spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:44 PM // 19:44   #3
Draken
Krytan Explorer

Guild: The Exiled

As of last beta weekend knockdown had a very short duration somewhere along the lines of a second? but i see they changed Gale, it now says that its knockdown last 3 seconds so mabye its an exception or they changed the duration of knockdown.

Have to wait for an alpha to weigh in on this i guess or 7 more excrutiating days till we can try it out.

Last edited by Draken; Feb 11, 2005 at 07:55 PM // 19:55..
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 07:55 PM // 19:55   #4
Narcism
Krytan Explorer

Guild: Mostly Harmless
Profession: W/

Quote:
As of last beta weekend knockdown had a very short duration somewhere along the lines of a second?
The knockdown animation is something like a second + a tad more. So unless other wise mentionned (Gale, Backbreaker, etc), it's about a second.
Narcism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 05:18 AM // 05:18   #5
Brett Kuntz
Core Guru

The animation isn't even a second, the amount of time you can't do anything is like 2~ seconds. With proper gloves 3~ seconds. There's plenty of time for belly smash on a knocked down target.
Brett Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!