Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Inner Circle > The Riverside Inn

Notices

Old Jun 19, 2005, 06:53 PM // 18:53   #1
Wa$d
Lion's Arch Merchant

Profession: W/Mo
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Rune Traders Driving down prices!!! Suppior runes for 125G!!!!

Well i when and farmed up some good runes, Some Suppior, 2 major and a couple of minor, i go back to town to sell what the price is at the trader, so i dnt overprice and such, and when i get there ALL of my Suppior runes are going for 125G and i can sell then for 25G!!!! this i have to say is so unfare considering that before this runes would have feched a hight price. I mean this is great if you want to buy but if you want to sell you can! I bet this is them getting back at farmers . I hope a Anet will do somingthing about this.
Wa$d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 06:55 PM // 18:55   #2
ManadartheHealer
Desert Nomad

Profession: W/

Nearly every single major and superior rune has a very low price, while many minors have higher prices

But I sort of like it this way. Now I can get major runes for my characters with spare change
ManadartheHealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 07:23 PM // 19:23   #3
Luggage
Elite Guru

"Supply and demand" - look it up.

I'll buy that sup vigor of you for a plat if you like
Old Jun 19, 2005, 07:32 PM // 19:32   #4
drowningfish999
Krytan Explorer

Guild: Awakened Tempest [aT]

I agree the rune traders definitely cut the value of superior runes. I was so excited to get Superior Fast Casting, untill I found you could buy them for like 280...
drowningfish999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:08 PM // 20:08   #5
Dumachum
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: na
Profession: R/E

Gold = still as worthless as it was 1 month ago now just on the opposite extreme.
Dumachum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:13 PM // 20:13   #6
Eclair
Desert Nomad

Prices have been dropping a lot lately. Superior Vigors are going for 66k now. I wonder if its because demand has dropped now that most people have the runes they want, or that a new farming place has been found?
Eclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:13 PM // 20:13   #7
Sovetskeey
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Gotta Be Four Twenty Somewhere

Nah, the rune trader was a great idea. I was getting so tired of the absolutely ridiculous prices people were starting to charge for higher level runes. I hate when farmers cry because they can't gouge prices now (my new favourite term, thanks whoever posted it ). Not all of us farm for hours on end and not all of us have 300k sitting in our storage boxes.
Sovetskeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:20 PM // 20:20   #8
Wa$d
Lion's Arch Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovetskeey
Nah, the rune trader was a great idea. I was getting so tired of the absolutely ridiculous prices people were starting to charge for higher level runes. I hate when farmers cry because they can't gouge prices now (my new favourite term, thanks whoever posted it ). Not all of us farm for hours on end and not all of us have 300k sitting in our storage boxes.
I am not one of the ppl that has 300K in the bank (wish i did), but it would be nice to see prices raised at the traders for suppior and major runes.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:24 PM // 20:24   #9
Zfactor
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Freelance
Profession: Mo/E

Welcome to the word of the nurf. Those who had the time to benefit before a nurf get all the money. As for the rest of us, basically get get flipped off by ANet
Zfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:32 PM // 20:32   #10
StandardAI
Banned

Guild: K A R M A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa$d
Well i when and farmed up some good runes, Some Suppior, 2 major and a couple of minor, i go back to town to sell what the price is at the trader, so i dnt overprice and such, and when i get there ALL of my Suppior runes are going for 125G and i can sell then for 25G!!!! this i have to say is so unfare considering that before this runes would have feched a hight price. I mean this is great if you want to buy but if you want to sell you can! I bet this is them getting back at farmers . I hope a Anet will do somingthing about this.
What? That's nonsense, every action arenanet makes is absolutely perfect. To accuse them of anything else you should be banned from the game, and from these forums. Now, If you have a legitimate complaint like the price of ale going up, or the ale icon messed up. Gaile will quickly address the issue, but unless you have a real issue to discuss please don't post these absurd fallacies on the forum.
StandardAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2005, 08:38 PM // 20:38   #11
Wa$d
Lion's Arch Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardAI
What? That's nonsense, every action arenanet makes is absolutely perfect. To accuse them of anything else you should be banned from the game, and from these forums. Now, If you have a legitimate complaint like the price of ale going up, or the ale icon messed up. Gaile will quickly address the issue, but unless you have a real issue to discuss please don't post these absurd fallacies on the forum.
im sry this has nothing to do with ale . i will aleify my next post
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:12 AM // 00:12   #12
IceD'Bear
Krytan Explorer

Guild: Awoken Myth [MYTH]
Profession: Mo/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wa$d
im sry this has nothing to do with ale . i will aleify my next post
You need a sarcasm detector
IceD'Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:26 AM // 00:26   #13
Perishiko ReLLiK
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: Divine Guardians of the Soul (Soul)
Profession: Mo/E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfactor
Welcome to the word of the nurf. Those who had the time to benefit before a nurf get all the money. As for the rest of us, basically get get flipped off by ANet
It's all a part of the joy of playing a fresh mmorpg... seriously, this isnt nearly as bad as many other mmorpgs have been like in the begining... personaly i would hate making a character in a mmorpg, and figuring out that after a year and a half of my work was all for nothing, because my character is incredibly weak, and a non-wanted part of parties/guilds...

At least what they're doing is trying to equalize the economy, which i'm sure a million people have complained about the inflation... the inflation was going up at an insane amount with Any rare items... at least now, if i want an illusionary weapon mesmer, i can easily do it for about 500 gold... gives me a playing chance ^.^

Too bad i bought a major rune of vigor right before the rune traders came into place.. they were going up, and now all of a sudden they dropped like mad. ^.^
Perishiko ReLLiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:31 AM // 00:31   #14
free4all
Krytan Explorer

Yeah, Minor Absorption and Minor Vigor used to go for 1k about a week ago, and now they are hardly 300.
free4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 01:54 AM // 01:54   #15
Myrkwid
Frost Gate Guardian

Profession: R/Me
Question

I was online at the time the patch with the runetrader got streamed. It was pretty weird. First I thought "Nice idea, makes it easy to trade runes without burning vast amounts of time in LA's tradechannel", but then I noticed something strange. I kept opening and closing the trader's window to get updated information on which runes are available at which price and about every 30 (?) seconds he got an inventar full of runes. People were buying like crazy, so the number of runes available decreased rapidly again, but every ~30 seconds his inventar showed every rune of any quality. Prices were a joke at that time, I doubt anybody was selling any of his superiors for 25g, but they kept popping up in his inv and getting bought.
Anybody else noticed it?
Bug? Feature? Some unknown substance in my coffee hampering my perception at that time? I guess I'll never know
Myrkwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 02:23 AM // 02:23   #16
dargon
Furnace Stoker

Guild: The Seraphim Knights [TSK]
Profession: R/

The rune trader auto-populates his stock. He doesn't rely upon what people have sold him. Same for the new XP Scroll trader. If you watch him, he'll briefly sell out, and then repopulate his stock.
dargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 03:43 AM // 03:43   #17
Ellestar
Munchking

Guild: Ladder to Hell (ATM playing with Rus Corp)

You know, i'm buying unidentified superiors for 20k-25k, vigor for 100k. Try to sell whatever is demanded...
Old Jun 20, 2005, 03:46 AM // 03:46   #18
BrandonIT
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: Tribal Instincts
Profession: R/E

More power to the rune traders. I'm actually glad they're here. I feel they are doing exactly what they're supposed to do, bring down the prices of the runes so massive farming is not necessary to get them.
BrandonIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 04:13 AM // 04:13   #19
Big Fat Duck
Academy Page

mesmer runes are the most unwanted things in this world .. 25 gold for superior fast casting lol
Big Fat Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 04:28 AM // 04:28   #20
Wa$d
Lion's Arch Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceD'Bear
You need a sarcasm detector
dude u need the detector!! i was using sarcasm!

Share This Forum!