Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Forest of True Sight > Questions & Answers

Notices

Old Apr 03, 2005, 10:45 PM // 22:45   #1
dxmzan
Ascalonian Squire

Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Download retail?

Are you able to download and buy an account online or do you have to buy the game at a store in order to play?
dxmzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2005, 10:46 PM // 22:46   #2
Loviatar
Underworld Spelunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxmzan
Are you able to download and buy an account online or do you have to buy the game at a store in order to play?
buy the game get the box with the cds in it and install

for the preorder events you download the client download the game files put the beta (preorder) key in and go
Loviatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2005, 11:04 PM // 23:04   #3
Soiled Egg Roll
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: IVEX
Profession: Mo/

I remember Gaile saying that they were thinking about letting people buy accounts online. I think you would buy the account and they would send you the game via streaming technology. I'm pretty sure she said this in a Fansite Friday, but I don't know which one.
Soiled Egg Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2005, 11:20 PM // 23:20   #4
Fezz
Lion's Arch Merchant

Guild: Charter Vanguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled Egg Roll
I remember Gaile saying that they were thinking about letting people buy accounts online. I think you would buy the account and they would send you the game via streaming technology. I'm pretty sure she said this in a Fansite Friday, but I don't know which one.
I remember reading this somewhere also(thought I can't remember where). Supposedly, maybe, you will be able to order the game(account) online from NCSoft, then just use the client to have everything streamed to you.
Fezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2005, 11:25 PM // 23:25   #5
Soiled Egg Roll
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: IVEX
Profession: Mo/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fansite Friday #13
In a previous Fansite Friday you said that you don't have to go to the store to buy an expansion chapter. Our question is how you pay for these chapters, since they will be streamed towards you once you have 'pulled the switch'; so how do you pay for them? And in case you have to pay with a credit card, don't you think that you cut out people who don't have a credit card or don't want to use it via Internet?

Oh, please know that no one will be given only one option to purchase Guild Wars! It is our objective to make getting a copy of any of the Guild Wars chapters as simple and trouble-free as possible. When we say that you will be able to obtain subsequent chapters of Guild Wars without going to a store, that simply means that downloading directly from ArenaNet or NCsoft will be one option. You will still be able to purchase new chapters of Guild Wars through your local retailers. We’re aware that there are folks who don’t care to make a purchase online, and that there are those who don’t possess a credit card. We’ll be sure that you find it easy to purchase each chapter of Guild Wars that you choose to buy!
I don't know if this is available for the original game, though.
Soiled Egg Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2005, 12:29 AM // 00:29   #6
Elythe
Ascalonian Squire

Funcom has done something similar with Anarchy Online. You can buy and download the expansion packs online, but you do have to pay with a credit card.
Elythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2005, 03:25 AM // 03:25   #7
Epiph
Ascalonian Squire

It would be good if they let you buy then download the new chapters..
Epiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2005, 04:46 AM // 04:46   #8
Auh
Lion's Arch Merchant

I like to have the discs... Just for safe-keeping.
They wouldn't re-send the download to you for free, would they?
Auh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2005, 04:49 AM // 04:49   #9
lllCo2lll
Frost Gate Guardian

From what I remember reading you can use the client you have right now that you're using for BWE. Its just when the game goes out to retail you need to upgrade your account with the cd key. I'm guessing downloading the client is free, but the cd keys aren't. Correct me if I'm horridly wrong though
lllCo2lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04, 2005, 05:19 AM // 05:19   #10
spiritofcat
Jungle Guide

Guild: Order of the Sanguine Dragon [OSD]
Profession: E/Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auh
I like to have the discs... Just for safe-keeping.
They wouldn't re-send the download to you for free, would they?
I imagine you'd buy the CD-Key for the chapters and then once you entered that key in your client it could stream the chapter to you as you needed it. Although if you were on dialup it would be quicker to use a CD.
spiritofcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!