Glyph of Elemental Power
Thunderclap {elite}
Lightning Orb
Lightning Strike
Energy Tap / Aracne Mimicry
Spirit of Failure
Conjure Lightning
Ether Feast

With the Glyph, Thunderclap will only cost 5 energy each time it hits, making it optimal conditions for energy management. Use Orb and Stirke sparingly, as you do not want Conjure Lightning to go to waste. Spirit of Failure is a good way to combat the energy loss from Thunderclap.. cast it on a warrior or ranger and you should get a good amount of energy. Then, when energy gets lower, use Energy Tap on a higher energy source (not ranger or warrior). The other option to Energy Tap, which i hate the 3 second casting time, is Arcane Mimicry (only if you know what spell your getting). Sometimes in TA you can find another elem that will have Ether Prodigy, Renewal, or a mesmer that will have Energy Drain. Obviously, this is very rare that you can make this work, but when you do, it drastically helps.

I made this build because i was tired of all of my elementalist builds being prone to either quick energy depletion, or being pwned by Enchantment Removers. This build only has one enchantment, and if it gets removed, you still get all of your kds with Thunderclap, and you still have Strike and Orb to dmg. With all of the mesmer energy replenishing spells, i find that despite Thudnerclap, energy management is not much of a problem.

I realize that Thunderclap is usually used E/R or R/E and a shocking bow string is used, but this build has more damage output if played correctly, please keep that in mind

Looking forward to comments/questions/critques
The Mo Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 04:23 AM // 04:23   #2
Robster Lobster
Krytan Explorer

I think you should consider dropping one of the skills (maybe strike if you're primary objective is knockdown and just save Orb for an occasional high damage strike) to put in res signet, unless you're certain the rest of your team can cover ressing. Or drop ether feast as its heal isn't as good as a decent monks is going to be.

Other than that I'd have to try out the build to comment on energy management, but it does seem good, enchant removal drives me crazy when I'm running duel attunes :P.

Actually, just thinking, how essential is Conjure Lightning, it's only an extra 20 or so damage (affected by armour as well), your wand will probably do the lightning damage required for the knockdown.
Robster Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 05:34 PM // 17:34   #3
The Mo Show
Academy Page

Guild: Middletown Massacre
Profession: Me/Mo

Its not completely necessary, but i will usually be attacking an elem. or monk so that i possibly interrupt their spells... so their Armor is less so Conjure will do a substantial amount of extra damage... But, of course, every person has their own playing styles... A couple of the skill slots are interchangable, the prime objective for this build though is the knockdowns and the lack of enchantments... thanks for the input though
Old Jan 23, 2006, 05:14 AM // 05:14   #4
The Mo Show
Academy Page

Guild: Middletown Massacre
Profession: Me/Mo

Wow i just realized that Conjure Lightning counts as a separate source of damage... therefore making each attack lose 10 energy instead of just 5.. Therefore, you can drop Conjure Lightning for Rez Sig, another Self Heal, Energy Management spell like Power Drain, or another Damaging spell... totally up to the user
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:28 PM // 22:28   #5
Nisshoki
Academy Page

Guild: Fabled Myths
Profession: E/Me

I use a build sort of like this.

Air 16
Nrg Store 10
Domination 9

Skills
Lightning Orb
Chain Lightning
Blinding Flash
Lightning Strike
Lightning Javelin/Shock
Empathy
Backfire
Thunderclap

With this build i can do alot of interrupting, and with backfire the casters are punished for anything i do not interrupt. Also the blinding flash and empathy help alot for dealing with tanks and rangers.

But your build does seem like it would work quite well im gonna have to try it out.
And i know its total noob but i hardly ever pack rez=P)
Nisshoki is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!