Notices

Old Jan 11, 2006, 04:50 PM // 16:50   #1
Cygnus_Zero
Krytan Explorer

Profession: N/Me
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Shutdown N/Me for PvP

Anyone know where I can fine a good build using Curses/Domination? I keep hearing about a Necro build that basically renders the opponents attacks useless, although I can't seem to find it.
Cygnus_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 05:10 PM // 17:10   #2
holden
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: [NICE]
Profession: Mo/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus_Zero
Anyone know where I can fine a good build using Curses/Domination? I keep hearing about a Necro build that basically renders the opponents attacks useless, although I can't seem to find it.
if it rendered opponents attacks useless everyone would know the build for sure.

shadow of fear/enfeebling blood does well against warriors. i like malaise for casters and warriors/rangers. sometimes.

the domination line does very well against casters. illusion does well against warriors/rangers. so does inspiration to a point.

all of the mesmers skills can be used. i don't like ether lord or wastrels worry but you know....some use it i guess.

i'd stick to mesmer/necro. dig through this forum and see what some of the players are doing. get comfy with the skills and what they do and you'll be telling us what build to use.

this site may help you get some ideas......
http://www.gwkb.org/cBuild.php?sid=6...2c1134d10233f6
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:00 PM // 18:00   #3
Cygnus_Zero
Krytan Explorer

Thanks. I play PvP a lot with my SS N/Me. But I want to experiment with some other builds just to see what else is out there. I like the experimenting process, but I always like to have a foundation to start from and build on and modify. So that's what i'm looking for here. Where the SS is more offense related, I want something to disable the opponents and see how I do with that.

Ill check out that site.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:04 PM // 22:04   #4
Carinae
Forge Runner

Guild: Fifteen Over Fifty [Rare]

For caster shutdown I'd build around: Backfire, Mark of Subversion, Soul Leach.

For warrior shutdown: Spiteful, Empathy, Enfeeble

Last edited by Carinae; Jan 12, 2006 at 10:06 PM // 22:06..
Carinae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:57 PM // 22:57   #5
Deviant
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: The Furies
Profession: Me/Mo

Shadow of Fear, Soothing Images, Enfeeble/Enfeebling Blood, Spirit Shackles are all excellent ways to reduce the effectiveness of a Warrior. Most of those will also work on a Ranger except the Weakness effect due to the majority of damage on spike Rangers coming from bonuses.

One other thing to consider is having them take damage from attacking such as Spiteful Spirit, Empathy, and Insidious Parasite or Price of Failure (kind of conflicts to use both).

Personally, I find Shadow of Fear + Blurred Vision to be my favorite combo due to the fact they're both AoE Hexes. When you combine that with evasive Enchantments like Guardian, Aegis, etc it really reduces their effectiveness.

A while ago I played around with this build and found it to be a fun way to harass Warriors and Rangers: http://www.gwkb.org/cBuild.php?mode=Show&ID=958

Quote:
For caster shutdown I'd build around: Backfire, Mark of Subversion, Soul Leach.
That's certainly one way to go, but much more ineffective in 8v8 due to Hex removal being very dominant and the removal taking place from another player.

I find Migraine/Arcane Conundrum builds to be a better detourant, but my far and away personal favorite is interrupts. Mesmer interrupts "effects" take place whether or not that actually interrupt the spell. So, Power X skills (especially Power Block) can be a great way to get the, "I hate Mesmers" chants.

Currently, I spend the majority of my time playing this build: http://www.gwkb.org/cBuild.php?mode=Show&ID=1198

Last edited by Deviant; Jan 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM // 22:59..
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:15 AM // 08:15   #6
tafy69
Wilds Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus_Zero
Thanks. I play PvP a lot with my SS N/Me. But I want to experiment with some other builds just to see what else is out there. I like the experimenting process, but I always like to have a foundation to start from and build on and modify. So that's what i'm looking for here. Where the SS is more offense related, I want something to disable the opponents and see how I do with that.

Ill check out that site.
While SS on its own is just damage on every attack, its still a great shutdown when combined with other hexes,conditions.

Someone already mentioned SS + enfeeble, this will totally shut down a warrior for 20+ seconds, you could add price failure, insidious parasite etc to add to his pain if hes silly enough to keep attacking.

I had SS + Parasitic bond + enfeeble + ensidious parasite on a warrior in CA, I was thinking i just wasted a lot of hexes on this guy and hes gonna just sit there and do nothing now... but no, he carried on attacking me, gave me more life than the dmg he did, took 37+22 dmg per hit, died and i recieved 120 life from the parasitic bond
tafy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:10 PM // 14:10   #7
Cygnus_Zero
Krytan Explorer

I don't use Indisious Parasite anymore because of the 15 energy cost. I was having energy management issues when I had that in my build. Plus, with that in there, it doesn't leave any room for any spells to try and deal with casters.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:16 PM // 14:16   #8
TheOneAndOnlyX
Krytan Explorer

Guild: The Last Sacrens

One skill great for shutdown

PowerBlock
TheOneAndOnlyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:28 PM // 17:28   #9
holden
Wilds Pathfinder

Guild: [NICE]
Profession: Mo/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
Shadow of Fear, Soothing Images, Enfeeble/Enfeebling Blood, Spirit Shackles are all excellent ways to reduce the effectiveness of a Warrior. Most of those will also work on a Ranger except the Weakness effect due to the majority of damage on spike Rangers coming from bonuses.

One other thing to consider is having them take damage from attacking such as Spiteful Spirit, Empathy, and Insidious Parasite or Price of Failure (kind of conflicts to use both).

Personally, I find Shadow of Fear + Blurred Vision to be my favorite combo due to the fact they're both AoE Hexes. When you combine that with evasive Enchantments like Guardian, Aegis, etc it really reduces their effectiveness.

A while ago I played around with this build and found it to be a fun way to harass Warriors and Rangers: http://www.gwkb.org/cBuild.php?mode=Show&ID=958

That's certainly one way to go, but much more ineffective in 8v8 due to Hex removal being very dominant and the removal taking place from another player.

I find Migraine/Arcane Conundrum builds to be a better detourant, but my far and away personal favorite is interrupts. Mesmer interrupts "effects" take place whether or not that actually interrupt the spell. So, Power X skills (especially Power Block) can be a great way to get the, "I hate Mesmers" chants.

Currently, I spend the majority of my time playing this build: http://www.gwkb.org/cBuild.php?mode=Show&ID=1198
i like the first build.
your second build is rockin. i haven't used a mesmer in a while. might me time tonight.

the interrupts with the nice phantom pain/shatter delusions spike would be fun. drain enchantment will keep the energy coming in.

niceniceniice
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 09:49 PM // 21:49   #10
Deviant
Frost Gate Guardian

Guild: The Furies
Profession: Me/Mo

One other varation to the build, which is actually more successful for me lately is substituting Diversion for Inspired Hex, and Drain Enchantment for Shatter Enchantment.

The Phantom Pain + Shatter Enchantment + Shatter Delusion spike does ~275 damage. Inspired Hex provides some Energy management and Hex removal as well.

Last edited by Deviant; Jan 13, 2006 at 09:54 PM // 21:54..
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!