Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > The Campfire

Notices

Old Apr 25, 2005, 08:54 PM // 20:54   #1
PurpleDrag0n
Ascalonian Squire

Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Slowly narrowing it down...

Alright so I've been looking at some builds and jazz... it's been tough since I only played a bit of PvP in the arena considering the last BWE was my first. I really like the idea of dual-attunements on an Ele. My question is this:

What, in your opinion, is the most effective PvP line for an Ele? I'm not really interested in Fire. I think at the moment my interests go Air, Water, Earth, and Fire a distant last. Obviously I'm looking for more than just damage. I like Air because of the single target effectiveness and I like Water because of the versatility of it. And Earth is awesome if pulled off correctly. I have seen the two recently posted dual attunement builds using earth and air, very intriguing.

Ok, starting to babble a bit, sorry. Basically which line would you choose and why? Also I can't decide which secondary Mesmer or Ranger... Since most of the info I'm going off of is just what I've read some in-game experience would be greatly appreciated!

>PD
PurpleDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:20 PM // 21:20   #2
Mouth-For-War
Ascalonian Squire

I personaly like water. Imo they have coolest skills with good enough damage. Couple that with a secondary mesmer and thats my ideal primary elementalist.

Im also not thrilled about fire (or earth for that matter) Air and water seem to be the coolest, in image and funness!
Mouth-For-War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:38 PM // 21:38   #3
Weezer_Blue
Elite Guru

Guild: Hurry Up The Cakes [Oven]

If you're going for 2 elements, I would choose Air and Earth. Earth for the defensive capabilities and Air because it is unbelievably powerful against a single opponent. The problem with air is that it causes exhastion. Rather annoying.

Of course, you might want to use a secondary profession... And having 2 Arcane magics might spread your attributes a bit thin if you want to use a secondary profession as well. It's better to pick one.

I also like Water for it's snaring and such.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:44 PM // 21:44   #4
PurpleDrag0n
Ascalonian Squire

Yeah the exhaustions, that's the downside. But as I see it with the 20% casting cost the exhaustion will not be that big of a burden. But again I have no experience on the matter so maybe it's a HUGE burden. That's why I am seeking advice from others

I will probably just go one element then use my secondary prof to get things like serpents quickness or arcane echo. Can't decide which hehe.

>PD
PurpleDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:45 PM // 21:45   #5
BlackArrow
Banned

I really like using Air for my offense and Ward against Melee + Armor of Earth form the earth line for my defense. I've found water to be great for snaring and Water Trident and I like fire for the occasional pyromaniac killing spree in PvE.
BlackArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 09:48 PM // 21:48   #6
walder
Elite Guru

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4022

That is my air build, but it doesn't have versatility. Its pretty much straight damage for as long as you can sustain it.

But, the air line has a lot of potential besides straight damage. Whirlwind and Gale can be used as a combo knockdown, Blinding Flash as a W or R counter. Other skills can do these better, but if you want to focus your attributes, then the air line has some options for you to explore.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 11:26 PM // 23:26   #7
Ensign
Just Plain Fluffy

Guild: Idiot Savants

I'd go for Air at the moment - Water just isn't deep enough for my tastes. You can chaincast Air skills until Exhaustion catches up to you - if you're playing a Water ele you have a lot of downtime unless you're going Echo/Trident.

Peace,
-CxE

Share This Forum!