Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Forest of True Sight > Questions & Answers

Notices

Old Jan 12, 2008, 01:05 AM // 01:05   #1
Crenait
Ascalonian Squire

Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default download updates ahead of time?

does anyone know if I can download the area updates ahead of time? I am playing from the downloaded client as I cannot find my disks at the moment, and it gets annoying having to wait 5 minutes to load a zone, especially when im in a party. Is there a way I can download everything at once and not have to wait for it in game?
Crenait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 01:38 AM // 01:38   #2
zyphern
Ascalonian Squire

Guild: Knights Assassins
Profession: Me/E
Default Imageing

It is possible to pre download all guildwars content to your hard drive overnight! Simply do the following...
  1. Right click your Guild Wars shortcut (the direct .exe icon itself will not work)
  2. Click Properties
  3. Where it says target, go to the end of what is already there (after the last "), place a space and type -image
  4. It should look like this: "C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -image
  5. Hit okay, and double click your shortcut, this is referred to as imaging by players

In order to play GW you will need to remove -image, you could also make a separate shortcut for playing, and updating.
zyphern is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!