Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Forest of True Sight > Technician's Corner

Notices

Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:12 PM // 20:12   #1
serenity740
Pre-Searing Cadet

Guild: Luna
Profession: E/N
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Issues Downloading

i had to unstall GW awhile back and just installed back and when it comes to the first Downloading after the Character screen i remember when i first did this it took 5 hours to do. Now i'm having issues it has now taken 24 hours 2 nights of Downloading and still have more to go. Heres a detailed summery

Night 1 started off at 13,000 Files (only have Guild Wars no expansions) After 12 hours of downloading have 10,000 files to go

Night 2 Started at 10,000 and 12 hours later i'm sitting at 6,000 files left.

I don't remeber it taking this long to Download them is there way to get them faster or is there something that maybe i did when i first Installed GW or is there a way to Download then out of client?

alittle help would be nice i would like to log in tonight not in another 24 hours of Downloading XD
serenity740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:28 PM // 20:28   #2
Monk Gsb
Wilds Pathfinder

Profession: Mo/Me

i can help you.

1 get new internets
2 dont log in cause its a epic dead game.

fin
Monk Gsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:46 PM // 20:46   #3
Elder III
Furnace Stoker

Guild: I Will Never Join Your Guild (NTY)
Profession: R/

Monk you are an epic phail - either help the guy with his problem or gtfo of this forum.

Serenity - are you on dialup? That is some seriously slow download time, even on dialup it shouldn't take anywheres near that long. Check and make sure that the GW game client is on your un-restricted list in whatever firewall program you are running. Another option would be to try the -image function for downloading the files while you are away.
Elder III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:49 PM // 20:49   #4
wetsparks
Desert Nomad

You can download the client from torrents I'm sure. I think though it sounds like you are doing a -image to download everything which is Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, and bug fixes and add ons like the Bonus Mission Pack. If you take the -image off you should be able to log in and then download things as you go. It isn't faster but you will be able to play right now. And also, the game will continue to download stuff in the background as you play.
wetsparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:07 PM // 21:07   #5

Guild: STG Administrator
Profession: Mo/

The OP is at the char select screen just go start/run/programs/gw/gw.exe -image.It will download a lot faster and if you are dail up just be patient or if you know someone ask them to burn you copy of the dat.bak file.You can get the client from the official site but you don't need that.
Age is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:11 PM // 21:11   #6
serenity740
Pre-Searing Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsparks
You can download the client from torrents I'm sure. I think though it sounds like you are doing a -image to download everything which is Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, Eye of the North, and bug fixes and add ons like the Bonus Mission Pack. If you take the -image off you should be able to log in and then download things as you go. It isn't faster but you will be able to play right now. And also, the game will continue to download stuff in the background as you play.
I have heard about the -image thing and i am a total newb when it comes to commands and stuffs can anyone explain how to do it even a dummy could understand how to do it because i really want to play again since i'm stuck in my chair for the next week and twidding my thumbs waiting on the images is driving me insane

Oh i must add that i don't have the expanision just pain Guild Wars so i can't see why i need the expansion images downloaded
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:14 PM // 21:14   #7
serenity740
Pre-Searing Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age
The OP is at the char select screen just go start/run/programs/gw/gw.exe -image.It will download a lot faster and if you are dail up just be patient or if you know someone ask them to burn you copy of the dat.bak file.You can get the client from the official site but you don't need that.
like i said last time it took 5 hours and i am using a high speed cable everything i do Downloads fast just i'm having this one issue

Yes i have all my Firewalls programs and such on to accept and i even disabled norton
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:24 PM // 21:24   #8
serenity740
Pre-Searing Cadet

Ok i guess my issue is solved what ever i did now just trying to log in again after getting pissed this morning i went from 6,000 files to 5,000 in 3 minutes where i was doing maybe 1 file every 5 minutes

Thanks to those who tryed to help ^^

BTW i don't care if it's dead i usaly play alone anyways i play for fun not to be the best
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:28 PM // 21:28   #9

Guild: STG Administrator
Profession: Mo/

Do what I said in my first post at desktop and leave it running go Start/Run/Browse/C:/Programs/Guild Wars/GW.exe then do this.
"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Gw.exe" -image

or type this into run or copy and paste this into it.Then click ok.

I would get rid of Norton as well and get AVG but deal with that later on.
Age is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This Forum!