Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Forest of True Sight > Questions & Answers

Old Apr 09, 2005, 01:59 PM // 13:59   #1
Strycker
Frost Gate Guardian

Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default How's Downtime?

Yup, see topic. This is a make it or break it thing for me in MMO's, I absoutely hate sitting down waitin for health. Is there some type of potions? Does health come back in a jiffy? Are their bandages, potions? Anything?

Thanks
Strycker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2005, 02:05 PM // 14:05   #2
William of Orange
Krytan Explorer

Guild: Thousand Tigers Apund Ur Head, The Consulate

Each profession has it's own way of healing itself through skills and such, with Monks in particular having a lot of self-healing and ally-healing skills. Otherwise, you do have health regeneration begin when you're not in battle, with the regen starting out rather slow, but the rate increases, as long as you're not in battle, until the next fight begins.

If you want to see specific skills, look through this page:

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/skills-listing-id34.php

and check out what each profession has to offer in terms of healing.
William of Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2005, 02:07 PM // 14:07   #3
HotSnack
Lion's Arch Merchant

Your energy regenerates at a constant rate. You'll 'naturally' regenerate health once your outside of a battle, with the regeneration becoming more rapid the longer you're outside of battle.

When I'm playing PvE, my party can usually move on to the next encounter after finishing a skirmish. After a big fight you're probably only waiting for about 10 secs just so your casters can replenish their energy stores.
HotSnack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2005, 02:12 PM // 14:12   #4
Strycker
Frost Gate Guardian

Doesent sound too bad.

DAOC downtime drove me nuts durin the lower levels. Kill, sit, kill, sit.
Old Apr 09, 2005, 03:23 PM // 15:23   #5
Caelib
Academy Page

There's no downtime in this game at all ... none, zilch, nada ... and I've played EQ, SWG, and DAoC (for YEARS) so you can take comfort in my evaluation

Your health regenerate EXTREMELY FAST when you're not in combat (so even when you're running around). Your energy regenerates really fast too. The longest I've ever had to wait between a fight at any level was 20 or 30 seconds.

Last edited by Caelib; Apr 09, 2005 at 03:26 PM // 15:26..
Caelib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2005, 04:08 PM // 16:08   #6
Scarface91101
Ascalonian Squire

no downtime? sounds great, i played AC,AC2,DAOC,FFXI and they all had dwntime, except for AC the health to mana or mana to stamina ect. was realy effective, would realy like to see some spells like that come later on in this game
Scarface91101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2005, 04:21 PM // 16:21   #7
Kha
Sins FTW!

Guild: Angel Sharks [AS]

It is mostly about your team's ability to work together. I say about 75-90% of the time you will have no downtime or close to it. This means your team was efficient enough to work together so that they didn't waste a high amount of energy or win with very low life. If you get a bad team (or just members that don't work well with others), then you will be spending a good amount of time reviving, healing, and waiting for energy to come back. And the more people in your group that know what they're doing, the better chance of no downtime.

As people play more and more, understanding their roles and finding builds that suit their style of play, downtime will be even less of a worry.
Old Apr 09, 2005, 11:32 PM // 23:32   #8
Strycker
Frost Gate Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface91101
no downtime? sounds great, i played AC,AC2,DAOC,FFXI and they all had dwntime, except for AC the health to mana or mana to stamina ect. was realy effective, would realy like to see some spells like that come later on in this game
AC had no downtime if you trained healing (From the sounds of things, it sounds like you didnt get very far and didnt bother with healing (Although everyone has it nowadays).

Anyway, thanks for your help guys. Ill likely buy it, my only fear was downtime.

Share This Forum!