Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru
 
 

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Forest of True Sight > Questions & Answers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 30, 2012, 07:05 PM // 19:05   #1
Krytan Explorer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Profession: R/
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default what happened to war supplies?!

I noticed recently a huge price drop of war supplies. Last month I have no problem selling stack of them at 16~18e each, but nowadays peopel are buying and selling them at 9~10e per stack.

And today I saw this guy in kamadan selling 5000 stacks of war supplies:



I know that you can do a quest ( I forgot the quest name atm) over and over to get around 75 war supplies every hour. But I don't think this will explain the sudden price drop and people with 5000+ stacks.

I also thought about dupers, but since Anet claimed they already fixed the bug. And there a lot more other valuable candidates for dupers such as zkeys, armbraces , even lockpicks. So actually this reason doesn't stand.

The last reason I could think of for this is bot.

What do you think?

Last edited by angela faye; May 30, 2012 at 07:09 PM // 19:09..
angela faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 10:19 PM // 22:19   #2
Jungle Guide
 
spun ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Guild: WTB: q8 bows
Profession: R/N
Default

Simple answer Kieran quest is being botted by a lot of people hence the steady price decay.
spun ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2012, 11:19 PM // 23:19   #3
Forge Runner
 
Enchanted Krystal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a Kurzick retirement village, reminiscing about Magmas shields......
Guild: GW1 アoo アugs アlan [ァアァ] ~ GW2 Teh Academy [PhD]
Profession: D/Me
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spun ducky View Post
Simple answer Kieran quest is being botted by a lot of people hence the steady price decay.
Yup, plain & simple. It's bots again.
Enchanted Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 12:40 AM // 00:40   #4
Krytan Explorer
 
Zylo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Profession: Mo/E
Default

75/hour... 5000 stacks = 1250000 war supplies. He must have several accounts going at once because that amounts to 16667 hours of botting
Zylo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 12:42 AM // 00:42   #5
Grotto Attendant
 
superraptors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Profession: W/
Default

50 accounts running he could probably do it in a month
superraptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 03:24 AM // 03:24   #6
Krytan Explorer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Profession: R/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superraptors View Post
50 accounts running he could probably do it in a month
So this guy have 25 computers running all day? I assume that one pc can only run 2 accounts simultaneously.
angela faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 04:14 AM // 04:14   #7
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Guild: WTB Q11-13 Str -2e/-2s Eternal Shields
Profession: A/Me
Default

Multilaunch can support as many copied instances as you want and your computer can handle. Also, look on the bots shown on youtube and you'll see most can disable graphics. With a mid-end machine, you can easily run 10 instances of Guild Wars with disabled graphics. GW is not exactly resource intensive.
Whatway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 04:50 AM // 04:50   #8
Furnace Stoker
 
Olle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ign: Miniature Julia
Guild: Teh Academy[PhD]
Profession: W/
Default

i can run 7 GW instances with mid lag. (for DUNGEONS)
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 12:46 PM // 12:46   #9
Wilds Pathfinder
 
akelarumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Profession: E/
Default

Question: If a botter is caught in GW and banned, is he/she also banned for GW2? I certainly hope so. Though I know anet isn't putting much effort into catching them atm, I would like to see that the risk they are taking is elevated to that point (if not already the case).
akelarumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 01:38 PM // 13:38   #10
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GMT +8
Guild: redt
Profession: Rt/
Default

One of the recent videos shows Keiran running past every group until the end, then killing the final 3 mobs. With that method, you kill the first 3 and the last 3 mobs only. It takes 4 minutes to do the mission. The route is always the same, so it's easily automated. If someone were to bot this, it would be easy.
yitjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 02:49 PM // 14:49   #11
Desert Nomad
 
aspi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Guild: eeew
Profession: N/Rt
Default

It could be a power buyer but I am leaning towards a bot user. I'm sure Anet could see what his story is, if they cared :/
aspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 03:23 PM // 15:23   #12
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Default

It's definitely due to Auspicious Beginnings botting.
Premium Unleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 03:55 PM // 15:55   #13
Krytan Explorer
 
Zaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UTC+1
Guild: --- アoo アugs アlan --- [ァアァ]
Profession: Mo/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akelarumi View Post
Question: If a botter is caught in GW and banned, is he/she also banned for GW2? I certainly hope so. Though I know anet isn't putting much effort into catching them atm, I would like to see that the risk they are taking is elevated to that point (if not already the case).
If an account is permanently suspended; HoM of that acc is also locked and can't be used for Gw2.
Zaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 04:05 PM // 16:05   #14
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GMT +8
Guild: redt
Profession: Rt/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
If an account is permanently suspended; HoM of that acc is also locked and can't be used for Gw2.
thats not the point, does the email used for GW1 effectively get blocked from GW2 as well? or are they treated as separate accounts ?
yitjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 05:03 PM // 17:03   #15
Arm
Academy Page
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default

Banning an email doesnt really matter as emails are free...
I'm not entirely sure about the stats (i.e. majority of bots etc.) but I think a lot of these bots are for the purpose of rmt. These guys don't really care if their account gets killed because they buy many accounts with the profits they make from rmt.
And as far as emails like I said they just make random named free emails.
I don't know really anything about programming but if only there was a way to spot the bot through some kind of in-game check. If it was possible for the game to detect botting and not have to have a real person check it out then that would be the only way to combat these types of problems.
Because let's face it, one person can be responsible for many bots and many accounts and they can just keep buying more and more. In thinking like this it could take many people to keep up with just one professional botter.
I don't think many people get this fact. It's impossible for them to keep up with botters by simply putting people on the job. They must come up with some way to catch these guys through some sort of program.
Also if you play other online games you will see the same thing. It must be that atm this type of bot-catching program is simply unwritable. Maybe someone who knows about programming could explain to us why no one has been able to write a program like this?
Arm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 05:43 PM // 17:43   #16
Ascalonian Squire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Guild: Compendium Of Resurrection [Void]
Profession: Me/N
Default

Looks like he power trades a ton, even botting that would take far too long, he probably buys in bulk super low and then resells higher.
Minorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 06:14 PM // 18:14   #17
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Default

Considering the main complaint about bots atm is pvp and there are more than a few times where the bot is sporting a silver or bronze trim...
Premium Unleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 07:29 PM // 19:29   #18
Academy Page
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Guild: The Guild With No [NAM트]
Profession: R/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm View Post
Banning an email doesnt really matter as emails are free...
I'm not entirely sure about the stats (i.e. majority of bots etc.) but I think a lot of these bots are for the purpose of rmt. These guys don't really care if their account gets killed because they buy many accounts with the profits they make from rmt.
And as far as emails like I said they just make random named free emails.
I don't know really anything about programming but if only there was a way to spot the bot through some kind of in-game check. If it was possible for the game to detect botting and not have to have a real person check it out then that would be the only way to combat these types of problems.
Because let's face it, one person can be responsible for many bots and many accounts and they can just keep buying more and more. In thinking like this it could take many people to keep up with just one professional botter.
I don't think many people get this fact. It's impossible for them to keep up with botters by simply putting people on the job. They must come up with some way to catch these guys through some sort of program.
Also if you play other online games you will see the same thing. It must be that atm this type of bot-catching program is simply unwritable. Maybe someone who knows about programming could explain to us why no one has been able to write a program like this?
Only one problem with that. The real player who decides to repeatedly farm an event over and over and over for many many hours taking few breaks the game might think that he/she is a bot.
Master Archer Nente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 08:31 PM // 20:31   #19
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Join Date: May 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Archer Nente View Post
Only one problem with that. The real player who decides to repeatedly farm an event over and over and over for many many hours taking few breaks the game might think that he/she is a bot.
The server knows if there is an injection or not and if the actions of the charactere are randoms (like an human) or every time pretty much the same (like a bot).
The only case I know of an human being banned for botting was at the time of the FFF when two guys alternate to play for many hours.
Arkon Necrocannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2012, 10:42 PM // 22:42   #20
Ascalonian Squire
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default

You guys really think he was serious about 5000 stacks? I've seen exxagerations in Kamadan TONS.
jakerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This Forum!  
 
 
           

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:39 PM // 20:39.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
jQuery(document).ready(checkAds()); function checkAds(){if (document.getElementById('adsense')!=undefined){document.write("_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Adblock', 'Unblocked', 'false',,true]);");}else{document.write("