Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru
 
 

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > Forest of True Sight > Questions & Answers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:18 AM // 08:18   #1
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default How much time for 50/50 HoM?

I just wonder how long it would take for a complete noob in GW to get 50/50 in HOM? Me and my friend are thinking to start with a ritualist combo and follow all guides. Gw already has 30/50 though and the account I will get has a level 20 assassin so maybe thats better than the ritualist ? I dont think guild wars 2 Will be released before november anyway so we have got some time .

I know this grind we are getting ourselves into probably is the wrong Way to play the game But thats just how it is right now
Kaleido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:22 AM // 08:22   #2
Furnace Stoker
 
Olle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ign: Miniature Julia
Guild: Teh Academy[PhD]
Profession: W/
Default

I dont really understand what xx/50 you are at NOW.
But two semi-experienced players should be able to get 50/50 within the gw2 release.
Olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:27 AM // 08:27   #3
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Profession: P/
Default

If you're 0/50 and completely new probably 1000-1500hrs. I hope "the account I will get has a level 20 assassin" doesn't mean you're buying an account from someone. Risky game to play if you're doing an account for gw2. Lol.
JONO51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:30 AM // 08:30   #4
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

I am at 0 points and have very low exp with the game but joining me Will ly friend who has decent exp aand already 30 points. The account I have already has a 20 assassin and my friend has atleast one character at level 20 . Should we both start new ritualist or play with our level 20 character ? First we will complete all campaigns in normal and hard mode.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONO51 View Post
If you're 0/50 and completely new probably 1000-1500hrs. I hope "the account I will get has a level 20 assassin" doesn't mean you're buying an account from someone. Risky game to play if you're doing an account for gw2. Lol.
Not buying but my friend who havent touched the game for years told me I could have it.
Kaleido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:34 AM // 08:34   #5
Academy Page
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Profession: Mo/
Default

looong time....few months for sure. You would need, as first and most important - millions of gold (if you are farmer, then it will take much longer) - or you can learn SCs such as UW, FoW. But IMHO doasc is most profitable. You'd need to make mes/monk/ele or sin for DoaSC ^^ You need money to buy a lot of minis, too :<
And - time. Every mission in the game must be done + every elite location.
krokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:47 AM // 08:47   #6
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Profession: P/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleido View Post
I am at 0 points and have very low exp with the game but joining me Will ly friend who has decent exp aand already 30 points. The account I have already has a 20 assassin and my friend has atleast one character at level 20 . Should we both start new ritualist or play with our level 20 character ? First we will complete all campaigns in normal and hard mode.
Play whatever class you enjoy the most. You have a lot of content to clear so may as well have fun while you do it. Don't delete the assassin though, as you'll need a lot of cash and they are good for speed clears. You're probably looking at around 4mln gold for 50/50 +1.5-3mln gold if you want GWAMM.
JONO51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:03 AM // 11:03   #7
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONO51 View Post
Play whatever class you enjoy the most. You have a lot of content to clear so may as well have fun while you do it. Don't delete the assassin though, as you'll need a lot of cash and they are good for speed clears. You're probably looking at around 4mln gold for 50/50 +1.5-3mln gold if you want GWAMM.
GWAMM doesnt matter for me so I guess I will save money there. I dont know any of the classes so I might go with the ritualist . But my question is , isnt it easier to do all the campaigns with a level 20 or Do you get level 20 in one campaign and therefore I could easily get a ritualist to level 20 or do content scale with level ? Ritualist is one of the best farmers and PvE classes ?
Kaleido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:17 AM // 11:17   #8
Jungle Guide
 
Star_Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Denizen of Tyria since Feb. 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleido View Post
GWAMM doesnt matter for me so I guess I will save money there. I dont know any of the classes so I might go with the ritualist . But my question is , isnt it easier to do all the campaigns with a level 20 or Do you get level 20 in one campaign and therefore I could easily get a ritualist to level 20 or do content scale with level ? Ritualist is one of the best farmers and PvE classes ?
Ritualist is probably second best solo farmer, with assassin being first.

You seem to really want to play a rit, so roll one. Level 20 is nothing in this game -- as we say, "The real game starts at 20" -- and you can feasibly reach level 20 before you even get off the tutorial island.

Hang onto the assassin for birthday gifts, farming, or alternative play (all characters on the account contribute to your overall Hall of Monuments rewards), and learn from the beginning how to play a class that really draws you.

(And no, the content does not scale with level.)
Star_Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:42 PM // 14:42   #9
Wilds Pathfinder
 
akelarumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Profession: E/
Default

50/50 HoM takes a considerable amount of time and effort. Secondly make sure you fully trust this friend. It is not allowed to pass on account to someone else. Though in the case it is given to you by a friend they prolly won't mind. But make sure you get everything that goes with it if your going for gw2. So change emailadres/password to your own and get original codes (so if purchased digitally the original game codes and printout of the emails, and if bought in a shop the gamecards with the codes).

The reason im saying this is that you won't have your friend to reclaim the account. Trust in a friendship is important, but also keep in mind not all friendships last forever.
akelarumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:56 PM // 15:56   #10
Furnace Stoker
 
Bright Star Shine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Belgium
Guild: Club of a Thousand Pandas [LOD倧]
Profession: E/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokos View Post
You'd need to make mes and monk or ele and don't bother with a sin for DoaSC ^^ You need money to buy a lot of minis, too :<
Fixed that for you. No DoASC guild takes a new player that has 0 exp on his sin. You'll get trial'ed on your mesmer, and if you show basic skills of understanding the game, you'll usually be accepted, and in most guilds they'll carry you at first and try to teach you until you learn. If you show no signs of improvement, you'll be kicked. Getting to monk/emo and especially tank in a guild doesn't happen until they know you can do it/want to bother teaching you, especially tanking. Very little players tank in DoASC guilds, except guilds like Zraw, where virtually everyone was able to tank, but they disbanded and didn't take new people and shitters.

Don't get me wrong though, joining a DoASC guild is a great idea if you want 50/50 since it's easy cash and it already deals with the tormy weapon problem. Just don't tell him to go make a sin and expect to go do DoA and make moneyz, because it doesn't work that way.
Bright Star Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:12 PM // 18:12   #11
Wilds Pathfinder
 
Captain Bulldozer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Guild: Servants of the Dragon Flames [SODF]
Default

I think I got 50/50 with a fairly modest effort (2-3 hours of play time a day on average) in about 9 months. I had previously done a lot in GW as well, such as playing through campaigns on multiple characters, unlocking most travel destinations, and farming. So, depending on your needs for cash/equipment/learning the game, you can probably expect it to take quite a bit longer.
Captain Bulldozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:56 PM // 18:56   #12
Furnace Stoker
 
Daesu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default

You should get to 50/50 on ONE character so that if you do decide to go for GWAMM later, you don't have to repeat titles.

Getting to 50/50 is already almost GWAMM since you should have about 26 maxed titles by then and maxing 4 more almost-maxed titles would get you GWAMM.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/s...2&postcount=25

Last edited by Daesu; Jun 19, 2012 at 07:00 PM // 19:00..
Daesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:23 PM // 20:23   #13
Ascalonian Squire
 
Mama pacha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portugal
Profession: Mo/
Default

Hi Kaleido:

It will take you a while to reach 50-50 if you have no points what so ever, just like the others said, its best to stick to one toon that way you can get the titles faster, if your friend is going to play with you, it helps, just try to get some decent heroes, helps a lot if your in a vanquish.

About the making a new toon, you can create any class you like or want to play, almost everyone that is new or a returning player will make a ritualist for the sos build, but you can run that with every single toon, just wont have the same effect, but I rather play with the skills the profession that I play provides not do Sos with another class.

You can get to lvl 20 in less than a day all you have to do is play hard and rush certain areas, then you can always go back and beat it.

If you choose to make a new toon make it from Factions or Nightfall, its easier to lvl up and you get the attribute points right away.

If you need help or a guild, pm me in game I play almost everyday.

<----IGN (In game name)
Mama pacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:49 PM // 22:49   #14
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama pacha View Post
Hi Kaleido:

It will take you a while to reach 50-50 if you have no points what so ever, just like the others said, its best to stick to one toon that way you can get the titles faster, if your friend is going to play with you, it helps, just try to get some decent heroes, helps a lot if your in a vanquish.

About the making a new toon, you can create any class you like or want to play, almost everyone that is new or a returning player will make a ritualist for the sos build, but you can run that with every single toon, just wont have the same effect, but I rather play with the skills the profession that I play provides not do Sos with another class.

You can get to lvl 20 in less than a day all you have to do is play hard and rush certain areas, then you can always go back and beat it.

If you choose to make a new toon make it from Factions or Nightfall, its easier to lvl up and you get the attribute points right away.

If you need help or a guild, pm me in game I play almost everyday.

<----IGN (In game name)
Thank you! I have not yet decided if I will take on this "journey" but I will surely contact you if I will! Do I have to be on the same server and district if I need to contant you or how does it work?
Kaleido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:55 AM // 02:55   #15
Administrator
 
Marty Silverblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleido View Post
Thank you! I have not yet decided if I will take on this "journey" but I will surely contact you if I will! Do I have to be on the same server and district if I need to contant you or how does it work?
Just press 'N' to open the friends panel and add the name. That will tell you if they're online and on which character. Then simply open the chat console (there's a button on the left side of screen, near the bottom) and use the whisper option. Server/district doesn't matter.
__________________
Marty Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:36 AM // 10:36   #16
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Profession: A/W
Default

If your "Friend" is not really trustworthy consider to buy all campaigns of Guild Wars as a package I think they might be not that expensive anymore or just drop your idea.
Just to make it clear if more than 1 are able to provide Key Codes to customer support and claim the acount theirs it might get under closer investigation but could easy end in a permanently closed account. Exactly the same happend to me with shared alt account that had 30/50 points (main is on 49/50), it was not htat bad at all since it just happend accidently to end up with 30 points. But honestly you are about to put a lot of effort into it so make sure it pays of for you in the end.

Another thing is but you might already know it that you can just start filling your HoM and once you have 30/50 you will get all the items 40-50 just adds additional titels, however that 30/50 is much easier and faster to achieve than the full 50 you can miss out on certain things of the game that are time consuming and do not be that effective.
You will be able to work on your HoM after GW2 release as far as Arenanet said to this point.

By the way this isn't not only a pain grind for achievements that pay off in GW2 this is still a super fun game to play ... you might end up forgetting about gw2 at all :P

Last edited by Peahi; Jun 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM // 10:39.. Reason: mistaken
Peahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:45 AM // 11:45   #17
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Silmar Alech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Europe
Guild: Tom Son [TS]
Profession: E/
Default

You should really buy your own account, if you plan to transfer your titles to GW2. Your friend can fetch his account back every second, since he has the key cards and he is the only one who knows the original owner data that was entered during account creation.

It is absolutely not difficult to raise a new character on a new account to level 20. Leveling to 20 is considered a part of the tutorial - if you leave the part of the game that is considered tutorial, you reached level 20.

I recommend to start your character in Nightfall or Factions. Factions is very hard for beginners due to its steep learning curve, Nightfall has a balanced learning curve. Don't start in Prophecies - it is totally slow at the beginning and somewhat boring. Nightfall provides you with heroes (customizable henchmen), which can help your gameplay very much, once you acquire appropriate skills and equipment for them.

But playing GW1 only to get 50/50 HOM points is pure grind over months. I don't think that's fun. If you regularly play GW1, you get most of these achievements automatically, but if you only play to get them, it's probably not fun.
I say you need 2-3 months to get accustomed to the gameplay and mechanics. Then another 8-12 months for about 47 points. The last points will probably take even longer, since for 2 items you need very much money - it's two prestige armor sets (Obsidian and Vabbi).
Silmar Alech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:28 PM // 19:28   #18
Ascalonian Squire
 
Mama pacha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Portugal
Profession: Mo/
Default

Hi Kaleido:

I am looking foward to see you in game hehe.
Mama pacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This Forum!  
 
 
           

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 PM // 20:36.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
jQuery(document).ready(checkAds()); function checkAds(){if (document.getElementById('adsense')!=undefined){document.write("_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Adblock', 'Unblocked', 'false',,true]);");}else{document.write("