Here's some tip:
1. Only do the quests that gives you skills, don't complete them if it can be avoided.
2. Level up to 10, minimal level to get the new Vanguard Quests. Easiest is to just repeat Charr at the Gate quest without accepting reward). Level 8-10 are the hardest.
3. Either do Vanguard Quests for 1000 xp/day, or use quest to spawn high level mobs you kill over and over. Father Hamnet is a good quest, then repeatedly kill the two bandits spawning just outside Foible's Fair. Hardest levels will be 13, 16, and 19.
4. Cash in your quest rewards on either of thoose levels, the longer you wait the better.
5. This could take a month, or perhaps 2 weeks if you're hard core.
6. Fire Imp is very helpful.
7. Ranger is a good choice, many spawned foes include Firestarters, and your +30 innate armor vs. elemental is very helpful.